Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't get lineup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mjzjdz
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Can't get lineup Reply with quote

I have spent all afternoon trying to connect percdata. I get as far as connecttions to replaytv where I choose digital cable box. I am using a dish pal plus with irs blaster code 7775. No service provider is listed tho I did pick a lineup on my account. Please help. Thank you for any advice

Also, just had a thought - will I lose everything that is already recorded and saved on my replay once I get connected to Laho?
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, you won't lose anything that you have recorded by getting your guide from LaHo. Don't worry about that.

I assume you read the instructions on PercData in the ReplayTV FAQ. One thing I just learned is that you can leave the serial number blank. You only need to choose a time zone and pick a lineup, and the LaHo server will fill in your serial number ones it connects. Did you leave it blank or include your serial number? If you did type it in, and it isn't correct, I have learned that will cause a problem too.
mjzjdz
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did leave it blank and they filled it in. I am thinking it has to do with the pal plus cable box I use. I know I put in a blaster code (7775) when I set it up in dial up. Now LaHo just asks what I am using. I chose cable box and then it just takes me to connections where there is no line up given.
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is beyond what I have learned, so you may have to wait for Henry and/or Robert. Sorry.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to look at the type of lineup you chose on Perc and that's the type of lineup you have to select on the ReplayTV. You say you are using a DISH device, which sounds like a Satellite box to me, but then you are selecting Digital Cable box. Anyway, I don't know what's what, but whatever type lineup you select on Perc, that's what you have to select on your ReplayTV. If you select a Digital Cable lineup, then you select Digital Cable Box on the ReplayTV, etc. And, you need to be sure you are selecting the correct lineup for the device you are trying to use. That is, if you need to use a Satellite box, for example, then you need to select a Satellite lineup on Perc and then a Satellite device on the ReplayTV...

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I just looked up what a DISH PAL Plus is, and it looks like it is a DTV converter, is that correct?

I'm very curious how you were able to use this with your ReplayTV previously since the ReplayTV doesn't support DTV converters?

Anyway, if you really are using a DTV converter, then you would select a local broadcast lineup on Perc, and that will generate two lineups for you to use on your ReplayTV, a Digital Cable Box lineup with all of the channels being being three digits for the channel plus the subchannel, and an Antenna lineup of whatever remaining over-the-air channels still exist in your area for direct tuning. For using a DTV converter, after selecting a local broadcast lineup on Perc, you would then select a Digital Cable Box on your ReplayTV...

The other choice would be that I might assume the way you were using it previously was to simply select a Satellite lineup on the ReplayTV just to get the local channel numbers and then delete all the non-local channels. If so, then you could just keep doing the same thing on Perc, select the same Satellite lineup, however use Perc to remove all the non-local channels, which will make things much easier, and then select the same input and lineup that you had been using previously, which would have been Satellite...

Henry
mjzjdz
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When everything changed to hd, I bought the box as many others did to be able to still record (am not at all savy so just followed instructions posted to use the box and keep replaytv going by using irs blaster code). I finally got everything working on LaHo by picking a digital lineup and choosing digital box but now your post has me curious is I could make better use of my box.
Going to try using a local line up and see what happens.
mjzjdz
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I selected a local line up and choose digital box. I did not see two line ups - only the local line up which is the one I chose. Then I choose digital box. The channel guide is correct but when I choose the channel shown it takes me to a completely different channel (in other words channel 301 which should be channel 3 subchannel 1 goes to channel 61). I went back to using a digital channel guide but cannot use subchannels that way which I would like to. Is there anything different I could do?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I was explaining happens with the digital local broadcast lineup, that it sets it up with the subchannels, which works properly with many DTV converters (I can't imagine how 301 ends up on 61)...

I didn't say that you'd see two lineups in the same place, I said it provided two lineups. I said that one lineup would be under Digital Cable Box and the other lineup would be under Antenna. However, I don't think you'd want to use the Antenna as that would be the remaining over-the-air analog channels in your area, not using the DTV converter but directly from your antenna...

What you didn't explain is how you used to use the DISH PAL Plus with your ReplayTV? However you were doing it before, you should be able to do the same thing with LaHo, and it should be easier with the Perc lineup control...

Henry
mjzjdz
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the Pal Plus with an irs blaster code before and that is what I did this time to get it to work with LaHo. After you posted, it got me to thinking I could get the subchannels so I tried the local line up where 301 which should be 3-1 ends up 61. Went back to the other channel guide but lose sub channels. Maybe I will try antenna just to see what happens. Looking at wirns and maybe that is what I will need. Thank you for your help.
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect you've chosen the wrong set-top-box code.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjzjdz wrote:
I used the Pal Plus with an irs blaster code before and that is what I did this time to get it to work with LaHo. After you posted, it got me to thinking I could get the subchannels so I tried the local line up where 301 which should be 3-1 ends up 61. Went back to the other channel guide but lose sub channels. Maybe I will try antenna just to see what happens. Looking at wirns and maybe that is what I will need. Thank you for your help.

You still haven't explained how you used it before LaHo. Please tell us exactly how you configured the ReplayTV before you used LaHo, you should be able to do the exact same thing with LaHo, except that you choose the lineup on Perc instead of on the ReplayTV, and LaHo should make it easier than before since you can manage your lineup channels on Perc instead of on the ReplayTV...

Also, I would play with your DTV converter more to see if you can't get it to operate with LaHo's Digital Local Broadcast lineup. Use your DTV converter's remote control to see what it takes to have it tune to channel 3-1, for example, like entering 301 from your remote, see if that also tunes to 6-1 instead. Then try something like entering 31 then Enter and see what happens and 301 then Enter and see what happens. If you can figure out how to tune channel 3-1 from your remote without using the dash or dot key, then you might be able to make that work with LaHo. How do you normally tune channel 3-1 with your remote?

Henry
mjzjdz
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before LaHo, I choose digital box, choose digital line up, put in blaster code and it worked. Same thing with LaHo and it works. Only on both, no subchannels. So will be playing with the remote today and the converter. Thank you for your help. Reading about wirns, seems like it might help me with the subchannels if I can't figure anything else out.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjzjdz wrote:
Reading about wirns, seems like it might help me with the subchannels if I can't figure anything else out.

Well, experimenting with the remote will let you know if there's any point in WiRNS or not. The only thing different that WiRNS will be able to do for you is to be able to control what "digits" are sent to your DTV converter to tune subchannels. But, if you can't come up with a way to tune subchannels with your remote without using the dot or dash key, then it's unlikely that you'd be able to use WiRNS any better than LaHo. LaHo is automatically configuring your lineup for the most common configuration that people use with WiRNS and their DTV converters. For example, if you went out to Walmart and picked up the RCA DTV converter, that would work with LaHo perfectly...

Anyway, let us know how your remote control experiments go, and we'll let you know what your other choices are...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: