Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Current Size of the ReplayTV Community?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TakeTheActive
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject: Current Size of the ReplayTV Community? Reply with quote

Back when the original Poopli.Com was online, before the server update abruptly killed it, its database reported ~6000 users, although, even after a purge, that number seemed inflated.

Today the new Poopli.Com (Thanks David! thumbsup ) shows 173 users, although many, myself included, have not gotten around to adding RTVs and/or shows. (For years I had DVArchive running on a Gateway 6400 w/Pentium III and WiRNS 2.X running on a Dell 400SC w/Pentium 4 - both running 24x7. Since my DVArchive XML file got corrupted, along with all of its backups, and I wasn't getting any Poopli show requests, I powered both down a few years ago and saved some $$$.)

With the ReplayTV Mothership now officially no longer supplying Guide Data, I was curious if Perc Data, being the major show in town, would share some subscriber numbers?

Has DNNA been approached about sending out a text message, similar to what they did back in 2011, notifying the ReplayTV diehards about the existence of LaHo and/or WiRNS 3.X, especially for the poor souls unfamiliar with the two remaining active ReplayTV forums? Might they be as generous in this respect as they were in sharing the encryption key?

Just thinking aloud now that I have to resurrect an old, LOW POWER CONSUMPTION computer and install WiRNS 3.X.
barmar
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be no one left there who knows how to program the server to send out a notice like that.

And since it's been 2 weeks since the guide data ended, probably most people who don't know about the alternatives have just shut the machines down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: