Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create the new account from the same network. (Just a FYI)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrviper100
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject: Create the new account from the same network. (Just a FYI) Reply with quote

I was helping my dad who is 80 set up LaHo on his ReplayTv and made the mistake of setting up his account from my PC in Chicago when his Replay was in Iowa. I now know the trick is to setup the account (or login) from his home network so this service knows what IP to associate the ReplayTV and LaHo account with. I should have figured this out quicker, but thought I would share my mistake. Thanks for bringing life back to the ReplayTV 5040!
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome.. after you did the initial account setup "remote" and went to the PercData page from his IP, did you see a message warning you about the problem and including the correct serial number?

BTW, this isn't an unheard of issue.. especially folks creating the account at work. I'm afraid if I put too much in the instructions, it will confuse non-technical users, so think it's best treated as a support case.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe mentioning something about it being best to setup your Perc account from your home computer? It's kind of like your credit card activations saying that they are best activated from you home phone...

Henry
mrviper100
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmeden wrote:
Your welcome.. after you did the initial account setup "remote" and went to the PercData page from his IP, did you see a message warning you about the problem and including the correct serial number?

BTW, this isn't an unheard of issue.. especially folks creating the account at work. I'm afraid if I put too much in the instructions, it will confuse non-technical users, so think it's best treated as a support case.

I did get some warnings. I just manually put in the S/N which at first had 3 extra digits on the end.
S/N should look something like this RTV5040C4DR0200456
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: