Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RTV'S not connecting to server.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greysquirrel34
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:37 am    Post subject: RTV'S not connecting to server. Reply with quote

Put all the changes in to the network settings but get back a message RTV not connecting to server. Checked modem connections and they are OK.
Went to details and it says that the gateway and DNS servers are not reachable.
Redid all numbers and still getting nothing but the same message.
What am I doing wrong? Router is an Apple Airport Extreme I can still Manual Record and my phone and internet work with no problems.
Any suggestions on what I can do.
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. If you changed the Gateway, then you changed something you didn't need to. The Gateway should have stayed the same, so if you did change it, you can put that back to what it was. Only the two DNS need to change since that is what points the RTV to LaHo.
Greysquirrel34
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready to give up. I get to change zip but when I hit continue it does not go to Keep All Settings it goes to connecting to system then to the cable box selection and then ok till IR blaster check then it does not turn the cable box on just on then off, if I say no it goes to the IR codes and I have a custom number of 4476 and it works to change channels but now I have no picture at all, if I change channels on the RTV remote it changes the channel on the box but no picture is on the screen, I have checked the source selection and it is right and all the connections are OK, the RTV is showing up on my TV but no picture from my cable box that is connected to the RTV, nothing has changed so I am worse off before I tried to connect to LaHo.
Any suggestions on what could be wrong?
My cable box is a Motorola Model M25. I have unplugged the coax and power but no difference. I have been at this for three hours time to pack it in for now.
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

First - Yesterday, I sent a correction to Robert yesterday for the photo instructions I sent him. You are correct. After changing the DNS, you change the zip codes, and THEN it connects to update the control info. Then it asks you about inputs, and THEN you Keep All Settings. (When I first sent everything to Robert, I had forgotten the order. Last night I did the rest of my RTVs, so that is how I realized my mistake.)

So if you got to zip codes, does that mean that you successfully connected to LaHo?

I assume you have confirmed that the cable box works when plugged directly into the TV (so the box and the cables are fine). One mistake I almost made was that I was actually using IN2 on one unit and not IN1, and I was about to configure IN1. Have you confirmed that you you are using the same Input that you have configured with the cable box code?

LaHo does not change ANYTHING but the channel guide, so it would not have affected how the picture gets transmitted from the cable box to the TV.

Let me know if any of this helps.

Susan
Greysquirrel34
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gone from bad to worst, before I tried to connect to LaHo I could change channels, get picture and record manually, now I have no picture, it I change to a channel like 3 or 5 or any other I get 33, 55 or if it a double digit channel like 52 I get 552. Should have left well enough alone. Does anyone know the IR code for the M25 Motorola box, the code I am using is 4476 and it always worked till I tried to connect to LaHo.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The double digit thing is a well known problem and has nothing to do with LaHo. If the ReplayTV support pages were up, it would instruct you which code to use instead of 4476 to solve the double-digit problem. Please don't give up yet, you are very close. Hopefully someone familiar with the codes for that box will respond. You can try searching for this problem, it is probably discussed on http://www.replaytvupgrade.com, and you might find it on this forum or AVSForum. You also might get lucky and find the ReplayTV support page for it still out there or on the Internet archive...

Henry
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2011, I saved the entire support section of the RTV website as PDFs - FAQs, setup and Knowledge Base. I am happy to share all of it with everyone if there is a good centralized place to put it.

I also use Motorola boxes, but use code 0476.

This is from the double digit knowledge base article:
Troubleshoot - IR Blaster - Repeating Digits
Solution:
When the ReplayTV repeats the last digit during channel changes, the most
common cause is a software or firmware update on the Cable Box. For example: You select channel 254, the ReplayTV changes or attempts to change to channel 444.

The solution for this is quite simple. Enter the ReplayTV setup, change to a
different IR Blaster code and then change back to the original code. If you are experiencing an issue with the setup of the IR Blaster, then refer to the
appropriate IR Blaster solutions. This aqrticle provides resolution for installations that worked previously and failed recently.

CHANGE IR CODE
You will want to write down the IR Blaster code that you are currently using
before proceeding, that way you can change back to it easily.
- Press MENU
- Select SETUP
- Select NETWORK AND INPUT SETTINGS or DIALING AND INPUT SETTINGS
- HIGHLIGHT the input where the Cable Box is setup
- From the summary information on the right-hand side, write down the IR
Blaster code
- Press SELECT
- Continue pressing SELECT until you reach the IR BLASTER TEST page
- Select NO
- Select a different IR Blaster code, anyone will work fine for this purpose
- Select KEEP ALL SETTINGS
Repeat the procedure above; however, this time use the original IR Blaster code.

At this point the problem with repeating digits should be corrected. If not use the above instructions and substitute one of the following IR Blaster codes and then return to the use of the original IR Blaster code.

If one of the codes does not work, then choose another. Remember to return to the original code and test the functionality.
Greysquirrel34
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a picture back, got channels to change but still do not have any program guide.
Printed out instructions and followed page by page but still not getting program guide.
Right now I have a picture and the channels right now are changing without a problem but we will wait and see what happens later today.
Put in 207.58.129.219 in both DNS servers as the instructions say but no guide. What could I have done wrong?
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good news.

When you setup your box, did you choose the provider? You can log into your Perc account make sure that the serial number is blank and the listing is there.

Again the Keep All Settings won't happen until after you have changed the zip code and setup the inputs. After you change the zip code, does it connect to LaHo for some updates?
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also contact me through LaHo for support. When email support isn't working well enough, I"ve done Skype video chats (so I can see the screen) and phone calls (less effective)
Greysquirrel34
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbwinter2 wrote:
That is good news.

When you setup your box, did you choose the provider? You can log into your Perc account make sure that the serial number is blank and the listing is there.

Again the Keep All Settings won't happen until after you have changed the zip code and setup the inputs. After you change the zip code, does it connect to LaHo for some updates?

Chose my provider, went to my Perc account and I had put in my serial number, tried to delete it, went to machine and went through the setup again but no guide, went back to Perc account and serial number was still there and there was a message saying you could see me trying to connect but did not recognize the serial number and asked if it could be the number they showed and it is. My provider is shown.
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Henry and Robert can see your status from the LaHo admin side, they will probably have to chime in again on whether everything is set up correctly.

I did get Robert to confirm that you can delete the serial on Perc and when the RTV does the net connect, it should get filled in automatically by the unit connecting. If you are getting some message about the serial number, then I would try deleting it (again) so that all Perc Data shows is the name of the unit and time zone and also lists the provider. Then after choosing the Zip codes, you choose your provider based on what you chose in Perc and there are some updates. After you set up the boxes and Keep all settings, then you get the updates to the guide.

If any of these things aren't happening - no provider to choose from on RTV, no updates after zip, no program listings loading after Keep Settings - something is still wrong.

Hopefully one of those guys can also help here soon. It will happen.

Susan
Greysquirrel34
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I GOT IT YAHOO!!!!
Rechecked the serial number and I never put RTV in front of the numbers.But if I had not gone to my Perc account to check on my provider being in there I never would have know.
So the next machine I wont put in any serial number and I should not have a problem?
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can leave it completely blank and when it connects, it will get filled in automatically. So happy you figured it out.
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea! That's why the current instructions mention leaving it blank.

For the next person's benefit, if you get the warning message that says something like "are you sure your serial number isn't X"... it really is X... the app just doesn't make stuff up. It saw that unit trying to connect.

Henry suggested making sure it starts with RTV, but 2000/3000 units don't start that way. I'm thinking about adding code to alert if it's not 18 characters, but the code was getting messy. (I hate javascript!) If only folks would follow my suggestion to leave it blank!!
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmeden wrote:
Henry suggested making sure it starts with RTV, but 2000/3000 units don't start that way.

I suggested that checking for starting with "RTV" indicates that it is good, not that it must start with "RTV". So, the check for definitely good would be that it starts with "RTV' and is a total of 18 alphanumeric characters, no symbols. The next check for pretty good would be that it is simply a total of 18 alphanumeric characters. So, the only thing that would be "not good" would be if it wasn't 18 alphanumeric characters...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: