Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zones

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mschmitt
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:48 pm    Post subject: Zones Reply with quote

In http://planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=86047#86047 rmeden wrote:
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm curious how zones are working now that I provide all the genre data?

Of the Zones I use, it is 50:50. Movies:Cult and Movies:**** are both empty.

I ran through all of the Zones channels. The following channels are empty, or no shows appeared before I gave up and moved on.

Note: This is the channel description on the menu, not the category:channel designation.

Movies: Action Comedy, Classics, Contemporary Comedy, Cult, Family, Film Noir, Foreign Films, Historical Dramas, Modern Drama, Romantic Drama, Vintage Comedies, Vintage Drama, MPAA Rating: G, MPAA Rating: PG, MPAA Rating: PG-13, MPAA Rating: R, Star Rating: ****, Star Rating ***+, Star Rating **+, Star Rating **, Letterboxed

Family: Drama, Cartoons, Family Films

Sports: Olympics, Billiards, Bowling, Bodybuilding, Cycling, Diving, Equestrian Events, Extreme Sports, Horse Racing, Ice Skating, In-line Skating, Lacrosse, Rugby, Snow Sports, Soccer, Surfing, Swimming (may not have waited long enough for that one), Track & Field, Volleyball, Water Sports

Music: Performing Live, About the Musician, Music Videos, Medley, Hip-Hop, Rock & Pop, Classical & Jazz, Country, More Music, Music for Kids, Music Specials

Sci-Fi: Current Sci-Fi, Classic Sci-Fi, The Final Frontier, Sci-fun, Four-Star Films, Black Hole Theater, Beyond SF

Sitcoms: 4-Star Sitcoms, Family Matters, A Circle of Friends, Family-Friendly, Pleasantville, Skitcoms, Real Life Laffs, Co-Worker Comedy, Britcoms, Cartoons for Grownups, Nuclear Family Meltdown, Time Capsule, Cultcoms

The X-Zone: X-cellent TV, X-treme Sports, X-otic Games, X-perimental Comedy, X-tremely Real, X-citing Music, X-cessive Movies

More, More, More!: Beauty, Bodybuilding, Classic TV, Cycling, Electronics, Equestrian, Events, Family, Housewares, International, Jewelry, Lacrosse, Letterboxed, Magazine, Motorcycle, MPAA Rating: G, MPAA Rating: PG, MPAA Rating: PG-13, MPAA Rating: R, Olympics, Plays, Programs in French, Programs in German, Programs in Italian, Programs in Portuguese, Programs in Spanish, Racing, Rugby, Satire, Series Finale, Skating, Star Rating: ****, Star Rating ***+, Star Rating **+, Star Rating **, Subtitled, Suspense Comedy, Thriller, Track & Field, Volleyball, Water Sports

Whew!
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad some are there now.. 50/50 isn't bad.

I'm sure Henry will see this and think of things he can do to improve it.

I have to wonder if some zones are built in advance like star ratings and include shows you don't get and are simply not shown.

Robert
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmeden wrote:
I'm sure Henry will see this and think of things he can do to improve it.

I did and I've been hard at work on it!

I fixed the movie feature Zones (rating and stars).

I'm not sure what I can do about the other ones you're not seeing. The DD information that we receive just doesn't contain all that information. For example, there's no information for letter boxed. And, unfortunately, there's no information for cult movies...

So, the ball is back in Robert's court. Because of the new feed that he's using and then translating to DD, maybe he can restore more of these other Zones like he did for the premiere/finale Zones...

Henry
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Henry, *catch*

I think a lot of the others are combinations of things:

Movies: comedies... MV episode id + comedy

Family Drama = Drama + Family, etc.

I do seem to remember that some were created by "Editors".. so we'll never get 100 %
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmeden wrote:
Hey Henry, *catch*

I think a lot of the others are combinations of things:

Movies: comedies... MV episode id + comedy

Family Drama = Drama + Family, etc.

I do seem to remember that some were created by "Editors".. so we'll never get 100 %

Yeah, I've kind of wondered that myself, that ReplayTV (the company) must have some "behind the scenes" Zone generation. Although, I still can't imagine how that works, what could it do other than use the TMS genre information?

I was going ask you where you found the information about the premiere/finale? The documents I have don't give me that information. But, let's take this offline, because that was a complete surprise to me that you found the premier/finale information and were able to add that. Maybe some of these other attributes, like "cult" are also available through your current mechanism?

And, by the way, I'm already taking care of the movie combinations. Anything with "movie +" generates differently. If you look at the Replay Zones, http://www.wirns.com/twiki/SuzukiCode, I'm using the "MV" to generate movie Zones instead, like movie comedy instead of just comedy...

Henry
mschmitt
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe "vintage" is determined by the year, either by comparing to an absolute year or comparing the calculated age.

Maybe "cult" is dynamic? program rated high by viewers but low by critics?

Or maybe they had a list of editors who applied labels to shows, and then those show names are forever in that zone, whenever the show appears.

(That would explain why sometimes we saw a show that was obviously only in a category because it had the same name as a different show that did belong there.)
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Robert Eden, the "Letterboxed" Zone should now be operational both in "Movies" and "More!"...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: