Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suddenly no TV listings via LaHo on my 5040

View previous topic :: View next topic  
miloshapiro
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: Suddenly no TV listings via LaHo on my 5040 Reply with quote

A few months back , when RTV lost all its support, I signed up for LaHo. Following the steps, it all worked great and I paid through Feb. Suddenly, the channel listings are all blank so I can't set anything to tape or select shows to watch through the RTV.

Not sure what could have gone wrong. I'm on Cox Communications for my cable, if that helps.

Not super techy, but was able to follow the instructions enough at the time to get LaHo working. Stuck now wondering what I can do. When I wrote to LaHo, their site says that someone will get back to me within a week! That's a lot of lost TV in that time.

I saw on another posting for something similar but not identical that someone said to go from manual back to automatic in the settings, but I don't understand that; isn't using manual how we tell it that we want LaHo to work since there's no more support from Replay themselves?

Thanks!
-Milo
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? It says a week? That's crazy. I'll check that.

Of course I already replied.. about 70 minutes

I suggested making sure your unit is set back to automatic networking and some basic troubleshooting... cables connected, wireless bridges working, etc.

*EDIT*
Ah, a week is mentioned on the lineup support page to resolve lineup problems (not for us to respond to you).

A lineup change/correction can take about a week. Once I report it to Gracenote, they go back to the station/network to confirm the change. Then they make the change, then it passes to us. A week is typical.
The Robman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:50 am    Post subject: Re: Suddenly no TV listings via LaHo on my 5040 Reply with quote

miloshapiro wrote:
I saw on another posting for something similar but not identical that someone said to go from manual back to automatic in the settings, but I don't understand that; isn't using manual how we tell it that we want LaHo to work since there's no more support from Replay themselves?
Hi Milo, the guys at LaHo were able to change some things so that, once you have successfully connected to LaHo once, you don't have to use manual settings going forward, your Replay is now smart enough to keep connecting to LaHo.

When you switched to manual, did you make any changes to the settings in your router? Assuming you didn't, here's what likely happened. Your router is most likely setup to give out random IP addresses to all the devices that connect to it, and these IP addresses are only valid for a certain period of time, after which the router has to give the device a new IP address. When you switched to manual, you locked in the random IP address that it was using, so that when the router came up with a new one, they no longer matched.

If you switch the Replay back to automatic, it will be able to re-sync with your router, and it will still connect to LaHo.
miloshapiro
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject: Issue resolved, but still some questions for the future Reply with quote

Resolved. An ethernet cord was out in the back. Not sure how it happened, maybe while cleaning. Feeling dumb. But with all the tech changes in the last few months, I assumed it was something about connectivity. Still, it's good to know about the automatic for the future.

BUT i went to bed thinking it WASN'T resolved. Nothing that I tried (automatic, re-entering the codes for LaHo, changing the zip code, etc) could get it to work. That was so frustrating. Magically, between midnight (turning in) and 6am (just woke up), the listings are suddenly there. Any idea what I might have missed...or why it would correct itself?
The Robman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Issue resolved, but still some questions for the future Reply with quote

miloshapiro wrote:
BUT i went to bed thinking it WASN'T resolved. Nothing that I tried (automatic, re-entering the codes for LaHo, changing the zip code, etc) could get it to work. That was so frustrating. Magically, between midnight (turning in) and 6am (just woke up), the listings are suddenly there. Any idea what I might have missed...or why it would correct itself?

Are you saying that the channel guide got downloaded while the ethernet cable was unplugged? If so, that is a real mystery.
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why they call it ETHERnet.
The Robman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you install that new ESP module into LaHo Robert?
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, by I sent myself back from the future to remove it. Caused problems with sports.
miloshapiro
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Clarifying for Rob Reply with quote

Rob, here is my previous post with some clarifications and updates to help you help me:

I tried changing the system to automatic and there was no improvement. After that, I notice that the ethernet cord was out in the back. Happy to think this was surely going to be the whole problem and feeling dumb for not noticing it sooner I plugged it in.

BUT that didn't actually fix it, as of the time that i went to bed. Nothing that I tried after plugging the ethernet in (trying automatic, trying manual and re-entering the codes for LaHo, changing the zip code, etc) could get it to work. It did the whole countdown and stopping after about 10 seconds, implying that it found something. I'd say "Keep settings", and then I'd go to the show listings and see nothing. That was so frustrating and I went to bed still baffled.

Magically, as I slept, somewhere between midnight (turning in) and 6am (when I woke up), the listings are suddenly there. Any idea what I might have missed to make it work right last night...or why it would correct itself?

FYI: Right now, it's still set to manual. I know y'all say I can set it to automatic and that's probably true, but since it's working right right now, I don't want to jinx it.
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe it rebooted and that set things right-d
miloshapiro
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: maybe it rebooted Reply with quote

not sure why it would have rebooted in the middle of the night, but kind of disillusioning to think that if I ever have problems connecting again, I wouldn't be able to just set it to automatic (or manual to the right codes) and follow the normal steps to get to the point where it would do an update of the data on the spot. Counting on a reboot is far from ideal...
The Robman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're ever in this position again, we'll figure something out. If it takes a reboot, you can always force one manually.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: