Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting 5K Connected to LaHo From A Factory Reset

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Getting 5K Connected to LaHo From A Factory Reset Reply with quote

Getting a 5K connected to LaHo after a factory reset is very easy! Start out by making sure you have the Ethernet cable disconnected while you boot up the 5K and let it get all the way to the Quick Setup screen. Go through the Quick Setup, selecting the Ethernet connection. Then it will sit for awhile with Ethernet selected doing nothing, but then you should get a manual network setting screen. At this point you should reconnect the Ethernet cable and go through the normal setting procedures for connecting to LaHo. All the information will be blank and you'll have to enter it all. But, the main thing is to follow the instructions for the LaHo connection, setting the DNS for the LaHo DNS address (ie 207.58.129.219), and then press Continue like the LaHo instructions specify (make sure that you have the Ethernet cable connected).

If you enter the LaHo settings and you aren't connected to the Internet or you make a mistake, then you just need to select Try Again and either make sure that you're connected to the Internet or confirm that all your network settings are correct...

If you've done everything correctly, then it will proceed through the initial setup. It will take a very long time in the initial connection because it will be getting updates from LaHo due to the unit being reset. This would have been true when connecting to ReplayTV some time in the past, but wasn't true lately because ReplayTV stopped providing updates due to host name changes. So, it may seem unusual that the initial setup is taking so long, but it is because LaHo is operating properly and completely setting up your 5K...

Henry
oakraiders
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to get to the Network screen and enter all the info, the next screen is asking to enter the zip code. I tried several different ones and I keep getting the error code 851e0001 unable to connect. I did enter the Laho server info.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ZIP code doesn't matter. However, having your Perc account setup correct does matter. Are you using a 7-day trial or did you sign up for a 6-month service? Did you follow the instructions of leaving the serial number blank and allowing LaHo to fill it in for you? If you look at your Perc account, is the unit serial number filled in, and does it match your Replay serial number exactly?

Henry
oakraiders
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on a seven day trial, so I haven't provided a serial number.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakraiders wrote:
I'm on a seven day trial, so I haven't provided a serial number.

Then go into your Perc account and see if there's a serial number in there. If things are working correctly, it should put your serial number in there for you. If the serial number's still blank, then you likely aren't connecting to LaHo for some reason and you should use the "Contact Us" on the Perc site so that you can provide your serial number and such to get proper support for your issue...

Henry
oakraiders
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From quick set up I get to the Network information screen and I enter my Ip address, subnet mask and gateway. Then I add the Laho DNS server info, correct. After that it takes me to the Zip Code screen. I have to connect to there server before my serial number populates to my Perc Data account.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of the network check that was performed was that it attempted to connect to LaHo (that happens before it asks for your ZIP code). But, as I said, you're going to have to ask for support at Perc because without your serial number from your unit we can't tell if it's even attempting to connect to LaHo or not. There have been several people have problems due to their ISP's DNS not allowing them to get connected to LaHo, so it could be that you are in that boat. If you're getting an error even when you've set the LaHo DNS address, then it's most likely that your ISP is preventing you from using LaHo's DNS server and you're going to need some special hand holding to get past that...

Henry
oakraiders
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks, it might be time to move away from Replay Tv and find another Dvr option.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakraiders wrote:
Ok thanks, it might be time to move away from Replay Tv and find another Dvr option.

Up to you, but Robert has helped several people get past this point fairly painlessly. All you have to do is use that Contact Us on the Perc page for him to look into your situation. It just takes a second to get around the ISP, and then you'll be good to go...

Unfortunately, Robert is not subscribed to this topic since you started posting here instead of your original post. He would have seen this discussion in your original post since he was the first one to reply to you. But, drop him a line on Perc and he should be able to take care of you...

Henry
flowergirl
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wan't sure if this procedure was meant for "new" hard drives but it worked when replaced a hard drive and I connected to Laho - just remember to disconnect and connect the ethernet cable at the right times. (It took me a few tries. lol)
TakeTheActive
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flowergirl wrote:
I wan't sure if this procedure was meant for "new" hard drives but it worked when replaced a hard drive and I connected to Laho...

What image did you use?

LaHo Good Will or Paid LaHo?

Thanks!
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flowergirl wrote:
I wan't sure if this procedure was meant for "new" hard drives but it worked when replaced a hard drive and I connected to Laho - just remember to disconnect and connect the ethernet cable at the right times. (It took me a few tries. lol)
i just just want to tell everyone, or remind all, that once the new hdd is setup, to use rtvpatch to copy the completed OS and save it to ur files. All these problems can be avoided when u need a new drive if u just copy the saved file to the new hdd. everything is saved but shows. even channels if u put them in first. just put the drive in and it will work as the old one nothing to do but add new recordings or delete old ones. its that easy. i have one copy for 5k and one for 4k and adjust settings since ive alot of rtvs. i just used rtvpatch to completely(all shows as well) copy a 320g to a 750g 4k. that takes time but not one glitch, plugged it in thats it done. if u have time take a hour to open ur machine and copy it now and save hours later. http://rtvpatch.sourceforge.net/
flowergirl
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TakeTheActive wrote:

What image did you use?

LaHo Good Will or Paid LaHo?

Thanks!

Sorry for the delay in my reply.

I am not sure what image was used (I am not sure exactly what that means - taking things apart and fixing/repairing/updating is still very new to me and I am coming here to learn as I need help). I guess an old image -- I got one hard drive from MikeyBoy near the end of his supply and another from Ebay several years ago. I don't know how to reimage to anything "newer".

I use Paid LaHo
The Robman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you, or Mikeyboy in your case, formats a drive for Replay, you have to load the Replay software onto it. If you're doing it for someone else, you just load a generic image onto the drive, probably taking it from the archive here at Planet Replay. Obviously, this is what Mikeyboy would have done for the pre-loaded drives that he sold.

What Dan is saying is, if you need to replace the hard drive in your Replay, and the old drive is still working, instead of using some generic image (as described above), you can save your current image to your computer and then load it to the new drive. That way, all of your existing settings are copied across. You even have the option of copying your recordings, but that is not generally recommended.

If your Replay was connected to the network back when Replay was still alive, you most likely have build 144 of the Replay operating system.

I see that your Replays are 55xx units. If you would like to have CA and IVS enabled on them, you can do that by re-imaging the drives using Ryan's patched version of build 144 (found here). I just helped somebody else do just that, and this person is not technically gifted at all, so if having those features appeals to you, let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: