Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LaHo Good Will -- free activation / clock set / IR Codes
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: LaHo Good Will -- free activation / clock set / IR Codes Reply with quote

We are announcing that for a limited time we will be opening up LaHo to provide services for non-subscribed units (non-subscribed to LaHo that is). The first main benefit of this is that LaHo will provide IR Blaster updates to control the Comcast DTA! To accomplish this, basically follow the directions on Perc Data, but you don't need to get a subscription and you don't need to change ZIP code or any other settings, so you can skip those parts of the instructions. However, you have to change your DNS to 207.58.129.219. The update is available for ALL models of ReplayTVs. After net connecting through Perc Data, then you should see a Comcast selection available in the Analog Cable Box section (just Cable Box for the older models). If you are selecting Digital Cable Box, then you need to select Other, and then you will get the normal list of Analog Cable Boxes to select Comcast from. The DTA code is marked as code 1982. The other two STB choices for Comcast are included in that menu as well (Pace 0237 and Motorol 0476) for 4K/5K users, and the Motorola choice is available for 2K/3K/SS users. This update will not change any of the setting on your RTV and will not update any guide data nor channel lineup.

I want to thank "The Robman" for helping with the Comcast IR Blaster files, and "eslave", on AVSForum, who created them. In addition, I want to thank my daughter for testing the functionality of the Comcast codes late at night!

Henry

---------------------------------

Because the LaHo settings have changed slightly, I'm going to post the instructions for networked ReplayTVs (4K/5K) to connect to LaHo:

1. Menu > Setup > Network and Input Settings > Change Network.
2. Select "Change from Automated to Manual".
3. Enter 207.58.129.219 as DNS1, select Continue (you can leave DNS2 blank or enter 207.58.129.219 there also.
4. Select "Keep All Settings".
5. Scroll up and Select "Connect to ReplayTV Service Now".
6. Your unit should perform a normal net connect, you should see it say that it is upgrading a Zone as it adds the Comcast IR Blaster codes.
7. Scroll up to MyReplayTV Registration.
8. When you Select MyReplayTV Registration, you should see that it tells you about connecting to LaHo. This will indicate that your net connect to LaHo was successful.
9. Go back to Network and Input Settings > Change Network.
10. Select "Change from Manual to Automated".
11. Select "Keep All Settings".
12. Scroll up and Select "Connect to ReplayTV Service Now".
13. Your unit should perform a normal net connect. You should make sure that it completes successfully.
14. Scroll up to MyReplayTV Registration.
15. When you Select MyReplayTV Registration, you should see that it tells you about connecting to ReplayTV. This will indicate that your net connect back to ReplayTV was successful.

If you aren't using Automated network settings, then simply make note of your current DNS1 and DNS2 settings, change them following step 3, and then when you get to step 10, put back your DNS1 and DNS2 settings that you had originally.

Thanks to "mooseplus", who posted a video here of how to connect a 5K to LaHo to get the Comcast IR Blaster code update!

Last edited by hdonzis on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:19 pm; edited 11 times in total
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks guys--this worked for me. my u10 replay had no tuner for a year. i could not get the other ways to update the codes. i used an ir blaster from my hp mc computer. it took about 8 net connects before i saw the update going in the zones portion so it may take time to catch hold . ---d
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srfrdan wrote:
it took about 8 net connects before i saw the update going in the zones portion so it may take time to catch hold .

No, it only took the last one. There was a little hiccup that prevent you getting the updates perviously, but it's all working correctly now...

Henry
The Robman

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can confirm that this works for adding the Comcast codes to R5k units via the net connection.

Here's the simple step-by-step:

1. Reboot your unit (the clear the DNNA info from the cashe)
2. Menu > Setup > Network & Input Settings > Change Network
3. Select 'Change from Automated to Manual'
4. Enter 107.20.245.128 as DNS1 and DNS2, select Continue
5. Select 'Keep All Settings'
6. Press Exit on the remote to get to a clear screen
7. Enter 243 and press Zones
8. Select 7-Net Connect

Now your new codes should download. If you watch the download you should notice that Replay Zone 11 takes a while to download (because that's the new codes), you will even get a % complete message on the screen.

Now you can go back into 'Network & Input Settings' and select the new Comcast 1982 code for your DTA.

When it's done, reboot once more to clear the Perc Data info from the cache, otherwise you might have problems connecting on your next nightly download.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
6. Press Exit on the remote to get to a clear screen
7. Enter 243 and press Zones
8. Select 7-Net Connect

I would only comment that since you're already in the setup screen, you would just scroll up to "Connect to ReplayTV Service Now" rather than bothering to exit out of the setup screen and go into the 2-4-3-Zones screen. I can't remember if the 4Ks have this addition or not, so they may need to use the 2-4-3-Zones screen instead...

And, as far as rebooting your unit, it's real important for the dial-up units that you reboot before changing the dialing prefix and dial into the other service. So, you should reboot first, change your dialing prefix to dial into LaHo (the Dallas number), net connect to LaHo, reboot and remove the dialing prefix to dial back into DNNA...

In addition, I want comment on the method of changing the dialing prefix for 4K and 5K dial-up users. The simplest way to achieve this is to simply put the last digit of the Dallas phone number in as the dialing prefix on the 4K or 5K, and also disable dial tone detection as instructed. Then, pick up a remote extension phone and dial all but the last digit of the Dallas phone number. Tell the 4K or 5K to net connect, and when you hear it pick up the line and dial the last number of the Dallas phone number, hang up the extension. If you are not subscribed to Perc, the net connect to LaHo will not change your RTV's phone number, so when you are done, you can simply remove the dialing prefix. Remeber to reboot between changing the dialing prefix!

Henry
dudleydocker
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Thank you! Reply with quote

THANK YOU, Henry, and all who contributed to making this service available! Last night I was able to reset the clock on my Showstopper and finally get the Comcast Pace code installed on the drive with one easy dialup connection.

I have a couple of 5xxx's that have been updated with new drives, power supplies and codes, but the lifetime Showstopper has never been opened since new in 2003 and I am trying to maintain it in that condition as long as possible Now it is fully functional again.

I would like to make a small contribution to help defray the cost of maintaining the temporary dialup connection and to express my appreciation for this service to the community.

Could you post a PayPal or similiar address for that purpose? If that violates any board rules, please IM me.

Thanks, again...

dd
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Thank you! Reply with quote

Thanks for the help.. you can donate using paypal@ourdomain.

Probably a good idea to mention in a comment somewhere that it's for the LaHo modem fund.. but I'm sure I'd figure it out.

http://percdata.com

Robert

BTW, don't use that address for normal payments for the LaHo service.. it won't get caught by the back-end application.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me add one more comment about confirming that you've updated from LaHo. First, if you see your RTV upgrading some Zones, it is likely that you have successfully connected to LaHo. However, after you've completed the net connect to LaHo, if you go in the Setup menu to either MyReplayTV Registration for 4K/5K users or Register for 2K/3K/SS users, if you have successfully net connected to LaHo you will see it say about registering with LaHo. You need to check this right after you have completed the net connected with LaHo, before switching back to normal...

Henry
joulton
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:22 am    Post subject: How do I go back to Mothership Reply with quote

Yesterday I had a power cut and lost my program guide and my clock. Tried all the usual tricks to reconnect but no luck. Found this site and tried the clock reset which worked. But then I still couldn't get logged in to old service until I fully connected to LaHo and while I got a program guide, it doesn't have my local channels.

I love the idea of having a way to update my clock and don't mind supporting you for that, but I can't phone Texas every time I need to update my program guide and I don't have time to help with Beta testing at this time.

Please help me get back to my original connection. The only phone number my box now knows about is LaHo.
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed a few people calling in using "global setup".

This may be a fault of our instructions (which weren't really designed for the "Good Will" service), but to get the IR codes you need to do a nightly poll. (243-zones, connect). Global Setup does set your clock, if that's all you want.

Reminder: You do *not* need to create a Perc account to get your clock set or IR codes.

Robert
joulton
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:48 am    Post subject: How do I go back to Mothership Reply with quote

That last comment didn't make any sense to me. I didn't create an account at first, I simply used the phone number in the only instructions I found on your site.

PLEASE help me get back to my original service.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: How do I go back to Mothership Reply with quote

joulton wrote:
Yesterday I had a power cut and lost my program guide and my clock. Tried all the usual tricks to reconnect but no luck. Found this site and tried the clock reset which worked. But then I still couldn't get logged in to old service until I fully connected to LaHo and while I got a program guide, it doesn't have my local channels.

I love the idea of having a way to update my clock and don't mind supporting you for that, but I can't phone Texas every time I need to update my program guide and I don't have time to help with Beta testing at this time.

Please help me get back to my original connection. The only phone number my box now knows about is LaHo.

You need to reboot your unit and then remove the Texas phone number from your dialing prefix as posted here...

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:43 am    Post subject: Re: How do I go back to Mothership Reply with quote

joulton wrote:
That last comment didn't make any sense to me. I didn't create an account at first, I simply used the phone number in the only instructions I found on your site.

PLEASE help me get back to my original service.

Maybe you didn't at first, but you must have later signed up for the 7-day free trial to get fully connected to LaHo and get a program guide that didn't have your local channels. In order to go back to using ReplayTV's service now, you will need to use the 2-4-3-Zones screen to Clear channel guide TWICE in a row, make sure you have removed the Texas phone number from your Dialing Prefix, and then net connect to ReplayTV...

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Re: How do I go back to Mothership Reply with quote

joulton wrote:

I see that you are still connecting into LaHo. I realize now that the problem is that by registering for the 7-day free trial, your unit is now configured to dial the Texas number instead of ReplayTV. Do you remember the phone number that your unit was dialing previously? If you don't, you can use this page to find out a local number in your area. Use the instructions from before to enter the local access number as your Dialing Prefix to get re-connected to ReplayTV. You'll need to use the 2-4-3-Zones Clear channel guide TWICE first before changing your Dialing Prefix to re-connect back to ReplayTV...

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: How do I go back to Mothership Reply with quote

hdonzis wrote:
If you don't, you can use this page to find out a local number in your area.

It looks like that service isn't working very well currently. Try this one instead...

Henry
joulton
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Will try soon Reply with quote

Thank you for both updating your instructions above, and for giving me the hints below.

Yes, I did try a net-connect this morning to see if it would correctly get my local stations and it didn't, but that is another issue.

At the moment, I am moving a couple of must have programs to DVD thinking I might need to reset to factory settings and lose everything. I will try your suggestions as soon as I can but may be later this evening due to other constraints.

My only concern is that I don't have the Texas phone number visible on my screen. I will try forcing it to my local number and see what happens. However, when I previously changed area code to force a retrieval, I believe it went to an 800 number and I don't know if that has also been over-ridden.

Thanks for your help so far and I will update you later on.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Will try soon Reply with quote

joulton wrote:
At the moment, I am moving a couple of must have programs to DVD thinking I might need to reset to factory settings and lose everything. I will try your suggestions as soon as I can but may be later this evening due to other constraints.

Yes, if all else fails, a factory reset will get you back to the ReplayTV phone numbers...

joulton wrote:
My only concern is that I don't have the Texas phone number visible on my screen. I will try forcing it to my local number and see what happens. However, when I previously changed area code to force a retrieval, I believe it went to an 800 number and I don't know if that has also been over-ridden.

I assume you mean that you already removed the Texas phone number from your Dialing Prefix? If so, that is good and you don't need to do anything else.

And, yes, connecting to LaHo with the 7-day free trial also overwrote your 800 number setting, so you are going to have to figure out the local number you used to dial using one of the pages I linked above and then enter that for your dialing prefix to get connected by to ReplayTV to reload the ReplayTV 800 number and local number. Remember that LaHo was created because ReplayTV was going to discontinue the EPG service last year, so LaHo was designed around changing your nightly net connect from calling ReplayTV to calling LaHo instead. Since ReplayTV wasn't going to be "answering the phone" any longer, it was important that LaHo overwrite both the 800 and local phone numbers in your RTV.

Sorry that you felt you needed to subscribe to the 7-day free trial to get out of your predicament! Unfortunately, that only made things worse. And, by the way, there are several other choices of lineups on the Perc website which should give you the same access as you had from ReplayTV. You should be able to find one whose name is very similar to the input name that you used to select on your RTV. But, that is for another day. I'm sure you will be happy just to get your RTV back to operating normally!

Henry
pencil
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it possible to get the comcast ir codes and time clock updates via connection to the dns vs using dialup?
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure... just follow the network attached instructions to do a poll via PERC/Laho.

The change to PERC/Laho didn't involve dialup, it just allows non-PERC-registered machines to have their clock set and download IR images.

Robert
pencil
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then since i am not a registered user, i must use the dialup. is there a way to capture these changes to use when i have to replace a dead drive in the future?

thx
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, that's not what I said. Dialup doesn't matter.

Just sent DNS to point to PERC, reboot, poll twice, set DNS back, reboot.

You can probably archive the Replay's system partition to capture the change, but if that's the case, you could just as easily add the files the "normal" way.

I have no idea how long we'l offer the service, but I wouldn't worry about that.

Robert
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pencil wrote:
is it possible to get the comcast ir codes and time clock updates via connection to the dns vs using dialup?

The very first paragraph of the announcement, the third sentence says exactly that. In addition, "The Robman" posted step-by-step instructions right here...

Although, if you are using Ethernet, it is unlikely that you would be having any clock update issues. That only seems to be happening to dial-up users. But, you will definitely get a clock update from the LaHo system if you use it...

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmeden wrote:
Just sent DNS to point to PERC, reboot, poll twice, set DNS back, reboot.

You shouldn't need to net connect to LaHo more than once. If you want to do it a second time, the only reason would be to see that nothing happens the second time because it completed the first time through...

Henry
joulton
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: All Fixed -- You are great! Reply with quote

Thanks very much for helping me get back to my local service. I will definitely keep your service in mind for the future.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Re: Will try soon Reply with quote

joulton wrote:
However, when I previously changed area code to force a retrieval, I believe it went to an 800 number and I don't know if that has also been over-ridden.

This turned out to be a bug in LaHo. When you are subscribed to LaHo, then it has to override the 800 number, but it was doing it incorrectly. I have fixed LaHo so it should now set the 800 number correctly and you shouldn't have any problem changing back to your normal list of telephone numbers for your area. Remember that you have to change your current area code and/or phone number to get the RTV to retreive a new list of local phone numbers...

Henry
juan304
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hdonzis,
I've had my showstopper 2000 for over 10 years, with no problems. But last month a severe storm knocked power out for several days. Once restored, clock was off by 5 mins. Used the trick of purging the channels 2X, hooking up out of state, purging and reseting. It worked, but yesterday, for some reason clock was off by 100 seconds. Tried trick, no luck.

Used your link and clock is reset. I am thankful for this link and your help.

Will you keep the phone link open so as to allow clocks to be updated?

Also, redid my registration and it shows LaHo, but I have removed the dialing prefix, thus am I in error?

I would like to make a payment to say thanks, but not sure of your paypal address.

Also, new to the forum.

Juan304
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juan304 wrote:

As indicated in the original post, it is only a test phone line. Robert Eden (rmeden) is providing the phone line, so it's up to him how long he keeps it operational...

juan304 wrote:
Also, redid my registration and it shows LaHo, but I have removed the dialing prefix, thus am I in error?

Did you follow the instructions from that point (step 19) to reboot your Showstopper and then perform a net connect to make sure it goes back to ReplayTV?

juan304 wrote:
I would like to make a payment to say thanks, but not sure of your paypal address.

You should read this post...
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juan304 wrote:

I have no plans to disconnect the phone line, but I also don't plan on keeping it up "forever"

It's only being used one Laho user, and the occasional "Goodwill" Laho clock setter or IR downloader such as yourself.

Financially, it doesn't make sense, (restricted line, is $30/mo after taxes) but back when I took accounting, they said "Goodwill" is worth something. It's not not like Perc/Laho is turning a profit anyway

Robert
juan304
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, a bit of a problem.

I used LaHO link this Thursday, which reset the clock. Now my program listings stop at Thursday of next week, which should be Friday.

I checked my settings, all numbers are local, but still shows LaHO in the registry. Yes, I followed each step.

I then did a 243 zone, net connect, and still programs stop at Thursday.

I'm sure its simple, advice.
Juan
juan304
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,
I redid with a different area code and zip code. Got an unexpected result code (b1008506).

Then reset to my telephone number and area code and got the same error code.

Now stuck. Please advise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: