Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LaHo Good Will -- free activation / clock set / IR Codes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juan304 wrote:
Ok,
I redid with a different area code and zip code. Got an unexpected result code (b1008506).

Then reset to my telephone number and area code and got the same error code.

Now stuck. Please advise.

I can see that you still have your Showstopper configured to connect to LaHo instead of ReplayTV. I can see your original connection on 8/1 just after midnight CDT. However, I can then see your second connection still to LaHo about 15 minutes later. If you had removed the Dialing Prefix, then there shouldn't have been a second connection to LaHo...

I can then see your Showstopper connecting to LaHo this morning just after 1AM CDT and then again just before 7AM CDT, and around 7:30AM CDT I can see that you made a change to your Showstopper's configuration:

Code:
[8/2/2012 07:30:56.562] [PLUGIN] LoginLogout Processing /cgi-bin/2.0/logout.pl(SetupGlobal, b1008506) for PV-HS2000Hxxxxxxxx

Where you can see that it reported the same error code that you posted...

So, it seems that you still have your Showstopper configured with the dialing prefix to have it call LaHo instead of ReplayTV. In addition, by attempting to change your Showstopper's configuration while still dialing into LaHo without a LaHo account, now your Showstopper is very unhappy because LaHo isn't going to send your Showstopper configuration information when you don't have a LaHo account. You need to go through starting with step 19 again, making sure you do step 25. It is clear that you still have the Dialing Prefix configured in your Showstopper to have it call LaHo instead of ReplayTV...

Henry
juan304
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At step 19 I am rebooting the system. The ss screen turns blue, then it turns it self off.

Isn't it suppose to stay powered up?

I am sorry for the problem I'm having, and grateful for your patience and help.
John
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juan304 wrote:
At step 19 I am rebooting the system. The ss screen turns blue, then it turns it self off.

Isn't it suppose to stay powered up?

I'm not sure what you're saying. Did it reboot first before it turned off? If it was on when you held down the power button for 10 seconds, then it should reboot, go through the entire boot up senquence, and then turn off...

Either way, if you power it on, does it come up to the normal menu screen? If so, then you should be able to get into Setup and remove the Dialing Prefix...

Henry
juan304
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry,
holding the powerbutton down the screen goes black, then in about 10 seconds it turns blue with text "Please Wait...." Then in about 10 seconds goes black, then turns itself off.

I can use the power up button and have full access to the setup functions, but in the dialing prefix there is no number listed, but Laho is still shown in the registry.

I also removed all cables and phone lines, tried rebooting, but still turns it self off. It should reboot, not turn off, for why else would it say, "Please wait...."

Once I did try a local number in the prefix dialing mode, but still showed Laho. This is a SS2000, made 2002.

Let me try once more now via network.
John
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juan304 wrote:
Henry,
holding the powerbutton down the screen goes black, then in about 10 seconds it turns blue with text "Please Wait...." Then in about 10 seconds goes black, then turns itself off.

I can use the power up button and have full access to the setup functions, but in the dialing prefix there is no number listed, but Laho is still shown in the registry.

I also removed all cables and phone lines, tried rebooting, but still turns it self off. It should reboot, not turn off, for why else would it say, "Please wait...."

Once I did try a local number in the prefix dialing mode, but still showed Laho. This is a SS2000, made 2002.

Let me try once more now via network.
John

John,
It absolutely SHOULD turn off the way you are doing it. If you want it not to turn off, then turn it off first, then, while it is turned off, push the power button for 10 seconds. This will cause it to reboot and then stay turned on. Anyway, it doesn't matter. It turning off isn't hurting anything, that is normal...

So, you should go through the dialup configuration again, making sure that the Dialing Prefix is blank. Once you finish configuring it, then use the 2-4-3-Zones screen to perform a net connect, and then the registration should go back to ReplayTV...

Henry
juan304
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry,
this is what my Setup Summary shows:
Phone: (304) 562-XXXX
ZIP Code: 25526
Dialing Prefix: None
ReplayTV Service
Number: (304) 340-0909

Dialing method: 304-340-0909

Seems to reboot correctly.

Yet, running 243 zones, network connect, doesn't reset registry to replayTV.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juan304 wrote:
Henry,
this is what my Setup Summary shows:
Phone: (304) 562-XXXX
ZIP Code: 25526
Dialing Prefix: None
ReplayTV Service
Number: (304) 340-0909

Dialing method: 304-340-0909

Seems to reboot correctly.

Yet, running 243 zones, network connect, doesn't reset registry to replayTV.

Your unit is still contacting LaHo:

Code:
[8/2/2012 18:28:05.395] [PLUGIN] LoginLogout Processing /cgi-bin/2.0/login.pl(nightly, 1, 653) for PV-HS2000Hxxxxxxxx

I can't understand how that is possible if you have no dialing prefix, but maybe your unit is so confused by not being able to be configured for a good phone number. I would suggest next that you try entering 3043400909 for your dialing prefix (assuming you use 10-digit dialing in your area) to make sure it is calling the correct number and not calling LaHo...

Henry

P.S. I see in the LaHo log that you just attempted a unit configuration setup through LaHo again...

Last edited by hdonzis on Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
juan304
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry,
I reviewed my owners manual and came across this Modem connection:
1. Press menu
2. Select setup
3. Select Change dialing and input settings
4. Select Change telephone
5. Press the select button on the remote until you reach the screen labeled zip code
6. Press the stop button on the remote to clear the zip code
7. Press the left arrow button on the remote to return to the screen labeled phone number
8. Select Continue
9. Enter your zip code
10. Select continue and replayTV will call the 800# and down load an updated list of phone numbers

I did this and after 5 mins an error number, same as before (b1008506), stated that system was unable to connect with replayTV data.

suggestions?

Tuesday I was able to download using Racine, WI numbers. Will change telephone and zip numbers, do a net connect and see what happens.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juan304 wrote:
Henry,
I reviewed my owners manual and came across this Modem connection:
1. Press menu
2. Select setup
3. Select Change dialing and input settings
4. Select Change telephone
5. Press the select button on the remote until you reach the screen labeled zip code
6. Press the stop button on the remote to clear the zip code
7. Press the left arrow button on the remote to return to the screen labeled phone number
8. Select Continue
9. Enter your zip code
10. Select continue and replayTV will call the 800# and down load an updated list of phone numbers

I did this and after 5 mins an error number, same as before (b1008506), stated that system was unable to connect with replayTV data.

You still connected to LaHo and got that error:

Code:
[8/2/2012 23:20:03.732] [PLUGIN] LoginLogout Processing /cgi-bin/2.0/logout.pl(SetupGlobal, b1008506) for PV-HS2000Hxxxxxxxx

I would try using the local phone number as your dialing prefix and try again, as I just posted above...

Henry
juan304
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry,
will redo with my local number in dial prefix.
john
juan304
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry,
no change, still shows Laho in registry

suggestions
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juan304 wrote:
no change, still shows Laho in registry

Yeah, I see that in the LaHo log...

I guess I would try unplugging the Showstopper for a minute or so and then try plugging it back in, powering it on, and try the 2-4-3-Zones net connect again...

Henry
juan304
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me add info about how the SS is hooked up. Not that its an issue, but so that you know.

When the signal was changed from analog to digital I got a digital recorder from the cable company. It is a piece of junk when compared to the SS. So, to continue to use the SS I attached a IR Blaster from the SS to the optical sensor of the recoder. Thus, the telephone line downloads the programs, and the SS, via the IR blaster, forces the digital recorder to change channels. Been doing this for about two years.

At the back of the SS have the following:
Power plug
telehphone line
IR Blaster cable
Three lines for video input
Three lines for video output

Again, no problems, just a 3 second delay when changing channels.

Will unplug the SS and try again.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

juan304 wrote:
Will unplug the SS and try again.

I'm going to bed, so if that doesn't work any better, try using 2-4-3-Zones to Clear Channel Guide TWICE in a row and then use 2-4-3-Zones to net connect and see if it doesn't work any better...

My only other question is if you have shows recorded on the Showstopper that you care about?

Henry
juan304
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No change after pulling the plug.

Cleared channel guide twice. Tried net connect, loading failed. Stated that cable provider is not listed.

Tried to force connection, but line 1 is missing its parameters (ir blaster code number, and Suddenlink provider).

Trying to force connection once more, no luck. Called cable company, cable is up.

When trying to reboot the screen states: if your service provider is not listed, please contact ReplayTV at (800)933-5899 for assistance.

Given that this has worked for 12 years, at bit confused.
juan304
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, retried modem connection by redoing the zip code. No luck.

So, tired Racine, WI dial up and zip code. System is loading. Slow but at 41%. Was able to input a cable provider and Ir blaster codes.

Once up, may try to reload using local numbers,

But, the problem may be between my server, Suddenlink and ReplayTV. Therefore, please forward me a telephone number for ReplayTV and I will call them today ( 11 am eastern time), to see if there is a problem.

Will let you know how this works out. Of course if you have ideas I ready to try anything. I really like my SS, best piece of equipment I've ever had.
juan304
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry,
system is loaded, and does not show Laho in registry.

ReplyTV guide lists Racine channels, and using IR Blaster local channels are shown, thus channel guide is of no value.

Tried to convert to local numbers, but SS stated service not provided.

Suggestions?

I do need a ReplayTV phone number.

Perplexed.
juan304
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry,
let me add I checked the local signal and its very loud.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can find ReplayTV's phone number here...

The ZIP code and Area Code have nothing to do with one another. You set your Area Code for the phone numbers you want to use and your ZIP code for the providers you want to use. So, if the phone number in WI is working well for you, then you should use that Area Code so that you can get that phone number, but you should use your local ZIP code so you can then choose your local provider...

Sounds like there may be problems with the local phone number you are using. There are a lot of others having this same problem, so you may have to play with phone numbers until you find one that works reliably. The main advice that I have seen is to stick with primary numbers and not use alternate numbers...

I'm glad you at least got your Showstopper back connected to ReplayTV! I hope you can at least get your system back stable again. The fact that it wasn't setting the clock was indicating that there was already some kind of problem, so hopefully you can find some other number to use which not only loads your Channel Guide, but also sets your clock...

Henry
juan304
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry,
just got off the phone with Jackie at ReplayTV.

Perhaps my zip code server was down and/or out.

He suggested to try a different local zip code, and then use the step where you use the stop button, and then redo.

Guess what, the provider was listed, system is downloading now, at 29%.

You might add what I learned to the proper threads.

Will let you know if it works.

Also, I am very appreciative of your time and patience.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juan304 wrote:
You might add what I learned to the proper threads.

It's already in the proper threads. There's a HUGE thread on it here, and there are threads on it in the Showstopper forum as well, including this sticky at the top with different instructions than what ReplayTV told you. There are lots of people having this problem, that's one of the reasons we started the "good will" in the first place...

Henry
juan304
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry,
system back up and fully operational.

I believe what happened is that on 8/1, when I used your routine to set the clock, the local provider to my zip code went off line. Thus we were trying to restore a system that had no provider.

One way to address losing provider service would be to do setup with your zip code. Then from primary numbers listed use a phone to verify signal strength. With google then pick a zip code that is close to that phone number. Another option, contact cable provider and ask for zip code listings.

Then redo setup, change zip code, press stop, return to phone, press continue and enter new zip code and contiue with setup. This should connenct.
mooseplus
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the "good will" service still active with the DNS change trick? I'm having trouble updating.
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup... LaHo is running fine and stable.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mooseplus wrote:
Is the "good will" service still active with the DNS change trick? I'm having trouble updating.

Did you make sure to use the DNS address from here, which is currently 207.58.129.219? Since the DNS address can change, you need to be sure and use the address from the Perc Data website and not the address you see in any posts...

Are you the same person as user 4302933 on AVSForum that posted a similar question? If so, I see from that post that you used the correct DNS address, but I don't see any log in LaHo of a 5040 having connected any time within the last 2 days. Did you make sure to select Keep All Settings after you changed the DNS addresses to use the LaHo one? After you change the DNS addresses to use the LaHo one and before you select Connect to ReplayTV Service Now you can go to System Information instead and check your Ethernet information to see that it actually shows your DNSes as having that value...

Henry
mooseplus
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdonzis wrote:
Are you the same person as user 4302933 on AVSForum that posted a similar question? If so, I see from that post that you used the correct DNS address, but I don't see any log in LaHo of a 5040 having connected any time within the last 2 days.

Yes, same guy. Sorry, my mistake, I meant ReplayTV 5504. My old one was a 5040. I just connected again at 9/15/12, 10:55pm EST to test it again.

hdonzis wrote:
Did you make sure to select Keep All Settings after you changed the DNS addresses to use the LaHo one? After you change the DNS addresses to use the LaHo one and before you select Connect to ReplayTV Service Now you can go to System Information instead and check your Ethernet information to see that it actually shows your DNSes as having that value...

Yes. Just double checked when I connected again tonight. Ethernet listed your DNS, both spots. I still didnt see any change to the Registration screen.

I just got my Comcast adaptor, its a new version DC50Xu. Does this use the same code "237" and work with your update?

Thanks for your help.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mooseplus wrote:
hdonzis wrote:
Are you the same person as user 4302933 on AVSForum that posted a similar question? If so, I see from that post that you used the correct DNS address, but I don't see any log in LaHo of a 5040 having connected any time within the last 2 days.

Yes, same guy. Sorry, my mistake, I meant ReplayTV 5504. My old one was a 5040. I just connected again at 9/15/12, 10:55pm EST to test it again.

hdonzis wrote:
Did you make sure to select Keep All Settings after you changed the DNS addresses to use the LaHo one? After you change the DNS addresses to use the LaHo one and before you select Connect to ReplayTV Service Now you can go to System Information instead and check your Ethernet information to see that it actually shows your DNSes as having that value...

Yes. Just double checked when I connected again tonight. Ethernet listed your DNS, both spots. I still didnt see any change to the Registration screen.

I don't see a 5504 connecting tonight, and the last time a 5504 connected to LaHo was September 10th, which is well before your first post...

I see a 5040 that connected tonight at 9:55 EDT, however, which successfully upgraded their IR Blaster codes...

mooseplus wrote:
I just got my Comcast adaptor, its a new version DC50Xu. Does this use the same code "237" and work with your update?

I see that someone answered you on AVSForum, but if you use the LaHo update, it adds code 1982 (as posted in the LaHo instructions) to run the DTA. It will be clear because it adds a cable box named Comcast and a model named DTA, which is code 1982...

There is a thread on AVSForum about updating code 0237 to have it properly operate the DTA. There is both an external update to upgrade code 0237 and a batch file that you pull the hard drive from the RTV and connect it to your Windows PC and run the batch file to update code 0237 on your hard drive...

But, upgrading from LaHo is painless and very easy. Lots of people are using it, I see several upgrades every day. I'm not sure why you're having a problem with it. When you go through changing the network and you change the DNS addresses, it should perform a test connection, and I should be able to see that in LaHo, which I do not. All I can say is to carefully follow the instructions at the bottom of this post, the "instructions for networked ReplayTVs"...

Henry
mooseplus
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Router was the issue. I switched out the router and it worked fine. Not sure why, Replay connected fine with old router everyday and other computers worked fine. It just wouldn't do the DNS trick for some reason.

I updated both the 5040 and 5504. It added the new codes for the Pace 1982 which works perfectly with the Comcast DTA DC50Xu.

Thanks for saving my ReplyTV from the junkyard.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your AVSForum post, that info you posted was the DNS lookup. It's possible that your old router was configured in some way to interecept the DNS lookup even though you were trying to use an external DNS server. That would expalein why everything else worked correctly because everyting else uses normal DNS. I could have had you test trying to use DNS from your PC instead to see if it was a problem with your network configuration, which might have shown the same problem, that trying to use a different DNS server didn't change the results...

Anyway, I see both your units connected to LaHo successfully. It looks like the 5504 must have already been setup with the Perc DNS address when you changed the router because I don't see it testing your connection after changing the DNS address. The 5040, however, I see it connecting to LaHo to check changing the DNS address and then again to download the IR Blaster code updates...

Anyway, that's the only explanation I can come up with, that your router was performing the DNS even though you had configured your RTV to use a different DNS server...

Henry
mooseplus
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdonzis wrote:
It's possible that your old router was configured in some way to interecept the DNS lookup even though you were trying to use an external DNS server.

I think your right.

hdonzis wrote:
It looks like the 5504 must have already been setup with the Perc DNS address when you changed the router because I don't see it testing your connection after changing the DNS address.

Correct. It already had the LaHo dns entered when I switched routers.

PS. Feel free to use my Perc LaHo setup video in any way you like. Download, embed, whatever. I just made it to help others who learn better with visuals.

ReplayTV with Comcast DTA DC50xu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2gDy0AK5js
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: