Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LaHo term doubles... prices effectively cut in half

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: LaHo term doubles... prices effectively cut in half Reply with quote

Laho recently hit break even (after paying back the expenses from the DNNA aborted shutdown a few years ago), so a price adjustment is in order!

It's not the promised year term, but I've retroactively changed everyone's 3 Month term to 6 months.

The servers are handling the increased load well after the DNNA guide shutdown.

Robert
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is great. I am going to give them a little more time (since I am only recording two shows right now), and then I might have to sign up.

Thanks again for offering this service.

Susan
puluke
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of bringing back dial up? I have four showstoppers that I am still using.
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

puluke wrote:
Any chance of bringing back dial up? I have four showstoppers that I am still using.
Doubtful. So far it looks like 4 folks have expressed interest. Adding a "test" phone like I had before would be $36/mo + installation. The numbers just aren't there.

That's not even taking into account the costs of supporting dialup users... getting a solid modem connection now-a-days is pretty tough.
puluke
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have four 4000 or 5000 (not sure which) that I am only using one of. Does Laho provide the guide for Direct TV and Cox (non digital) at the same time like DNN was doing until the 15th? I have not put my other networked units into service as I did not have ethernet cables in the rooms I would use them in. Looks like I may be running more ethernet cables soon!
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. a single PERC account can have 4 lineups... they don't even need to be in the same zipcode. All the lineups will be presented to your ReplayTVs.

Those lineups have lots of stations (especially DirectTV). Because of the way the code is written right now, it's best to edit your lineups on the PERC website to only include the stations you care about.

You'll get an automated email if a problem is detected.
Greysquirrel34
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will the recurring shows I have in the Replay Guide still work or will I have to delete them and start over if I use LaHo?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greysquirrel34 wrote:
Will the recurring shows I have in the Replay Guide still work or will I have to delete them and start over if I use LaHo?

LaHo uses the same guide source as DNNA, so everything should work without having to change anything -- except that you have to re-choose the lineup(s). The names of the lineups will likely be slightly different than you're used to, but what you should see is the same lineup names that you'd see on Zap2It.com, for example...

Henry
Greysquirrel34
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank for the reply, using Zap2it now to see what's on so I can manual record.
puluke
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just read on the AVS forum that DNNA filed for bankruptcy today, is this going to affect your ability to get guide info for all of your soon to be new subscribers like me? Still hoping you will offer dialup!!
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

puluke wrote:
I just read on the AVS forum that DNNA filed for bankruptcy today, is this going to affect your ability to get guide info for all of your soon to be new subscribers like me? Still hoping you will offer dialup!!
Nope.. not at all. We're completely isolated from them.

Sorry, but dialup still isn't looking good.
Greysquirrel34
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will LaHo system be able to handle all the traffic it will get in the near future?
Of course I am just assuming that you may be swamped with users rushing to your site to get the program guide from you. I will use your service in the future but I think I will wait and see if there is any delay or problems with traffic to your site as it is summer an I am not recording more than one or two programs each day so manual works for me now but in the fall I record a lot of programs.
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greysquirrel34 wrote:
Will LaHo system be able to handle all the traffic it will get in the near future?

I can't guarantee there won't be problems, but it is being watched. We haven't gotten the huge numbers I feared and so far we're holding up well without adding servers. Additional servers can be quickly added if there's a problem.
scottl44
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:44 am    Post subject: Will poopli still work? Reply with quote

Even though poopli isn't quite what it used to be, will it work with LaHo?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: Will poopli still work? Reply with quote

scottl44 wrote:
Even though poopli isn't quite what it used to be, will it work with LaHo?

Poopli doesn't have anything to do with where you get your guide data from. Poopli is an add-on program that you have to run independent of getting guide data. That is, guide data is for the ReplayTVs, Poopli is an external progam that probes your ReplayTVs and doesn't care anything other than the shows that are stored on them...

So, not to be evasive, but it isn't a matter of working or not working with LaHo, Poopli works independent of LaHo, LaHo will not impact being able to use Poopli...

Henry
mschmitt
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Will poopli still work? Reply with quote

hdonzis wrote:
Poopli doesn't have anything to do with where you get your guide data from.

Except that, as I'm sure you're well aware, Poopli sharing is dependent on an RDDNS server for IVS. Which also needs to be an RDDNS server that the ReplayTVs are using, which in the case of LaHo users, is whatever LaHo's DNS is returning to the machines when they look for the IVS server.

Before the canonical IVS server was the one hosted by ReplayTV.net. But that's gone.

I'm guessing that LaHo is updating the backup RDDNS servers?

Hmm. We can check this. Just dig the LaHo DNS for the IVS server name and see what IP address we get back.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Will poopli still work? Reply with quote

mschmitt wrote:
hdonzis wrote:
Poopli doesn't have anything to do with where you get your guide data from.

Except that, as I'm sure you're well aware, Poopli sharing is dependent on an RDDNS server for IVS. Which also needs to be an RDDNS server that the ReplayTVs are using, which in the case of LaHo users, is whatever LaHo's DNS is returning to the machines when they look for the IVS server.

Before the canonical IVS server was the one hosted by ReplayTV.net. But that's gone.

I'm guessing that LaHo is updating the backup RDDNS servers?

Hmm. We can check this. Just dig the LaHo DNS for the IVS server name and see what IP address we get back.

Oh, good point! And, you are correct, obviously LaHo uses the backup RDDNS servers...

Which reminds me, I have to double check about having all these things update the DNNA RDDNS server. I think that WiRNS3 already doesn't update the DNNA RDDNS server because WiRNS3 is designed around the idea that DNNA was gone. And, I might assume that LaHo also doesn't update the DNNA RDNS server. But, I think we left the backup RDDNS servers still updating DNNA because it kept running. Of course, DNNA still seems to be operating their entire system, it just isn't serving any new guide data. So, that means that the DNNA RDDNS server is still operational for now. But, it still seems silly to have the backup RDDNS servers updating it...

Henry
mschmitt
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirmed: LaHo-connected ReplayTVs are being directed to backup.rddns.cc.

And rddns-production.replaytv.net is still functional. I wonder how long that will last.
puluke
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

puluke wrote:
I also have four 4000 or 5000 (not sure which) that I am only using one of. Does Laho provide the guide for Direct TV and Cox (non digital) at the same time like DNN was doing until the 15th? I have not put my other networked units into service as I did not have ethernet cables in the rooms I would use them in. Looks like I may be running more ethernet cables soon!

Henry, My Son and I hooked up our one networked Replay tonight and I am so grateful that you and others here that have made it so simple to switch over to LaHo! I will be getting at least two other Replays going in the next day or so and running ethernet lines to them. Still hoping that there is a chance that there is enough demand for dialup for you to bring it back. I really like my showstoppers. Thanks again for providing this lifesaving service! I looked at the directions for doing WiRNS and I got a headache!
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

puluke wrote:
Henry, My Son and I hooked up our one networked Replay tonight and I am so grateful that you and others here that have made it so simple to switch over to LaHo!

Well, it was the brain child of Robert Eden, and then Ryan, Glenn, and I worked out all the details. Robert was the one that made it so simple, trying to make the Perc interface do most of the work for you. So, credit where credit's due!

Henry
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No emoticon for blush...
Greysquirrel34
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using a Motorola cable box with an IR blaster, do I have to change any settings in the RTV?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greysquirrel34 wrote:
I am using a Motorola cable box with an IR blaster, do I have to change any settings in the RTV?

Nope!

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: