Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A little more clarity on the instructions for LaHo
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Activation code Reply with quote

lytram wrote:
Hi Henry,

Thanks for the reply. I think you're correct, it was just the original RTV activation screen info with the LaHo names interposed. I am still unable to get the new guide info, however. I have done all the steps outlined by sbwinter in their previous post to me, but still get a "no channel guide" message when I select the guide. Any ideas?

Did you see my reply on this issue http://planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=85571#85571? And, Susana also replied with starting you down the road to checking your Perc account as well http://planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=85572#85572, right after my reply post...

Henry
lytram
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: no channel guide info Reply with quote

Thanks Henry,

I checked all the items you mentioned. I do indeed have an account, and it's paid for. I also selected the appropriate channel lineup from my local provider, and even dropped large portions of it. As far as the serial number is concerned, there may be a wrinkle there. Some years ago my hard drive failed, and I sent the unit in for repair. They installed a larger drive and returned it with a new serial number. The number I entered into the PercData for my account is F3TR0127264. Could the system be looking for my original serial number (which is now obscured by the tag containing this new number)?
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To find your serial number, you should go back to the System Information page. It will be there. I believe it is set by motherboard. Back when there was repair, they did often send different machines than what you sent in, so it would have changed from the original.

It should start with RTV, then have four digits for the model (like 5040), then I have 11 more characters in mine after that.

Susan

Last edited by sbwinter2 on Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: no channel guide info Reply with quote

lytram wrote:
The number I entered into the PercData for my account is F3TR0127264. Could the system be looking for my original serial number (which is now obscured by the tag containing this new number)?

Yes, the system is looking for the complete serial number, which I said was 18 characters. You should be able to see the complete 18-character serial number in the LaHo screen as I explained...

Your serial number is simply missing the model number. A complete 18-character serial number starts with the model number followed by the additional information that you provided. So, if you had a 5040, then your complete 18-characgter serial number would be RTV5040F3TR0127264. So, all you're missing is your model number prepended to what you have. Figure out your model number and put that in front of what you have, or look at the LaHo screen that you were describing, which should have the complete 18-character serial number, I think it actually has the complete 21-character serial number, so just take the first 18 characters...

Henry
lytram
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject: no channel guide info Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip Susan. I went back to the info screen and you were exactly correct. I added the RTV5040 plus the eleven digit code F3TR0127264 to the serial number field on my account. Still no channel guide info. Grrrrr.
lytram
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: no channel guide info Reply with quote

Thanks Henry and Susan,

I found the full number on that LaHo screen just as you predicted. The final three digits are JHK, but I did not include them when I entered the number into my account info. Could I be confusing a zero and the letter "o"? I am reading the serial number as F3TR"zero"127264. Could it be F3TR"letter O"127264? It doesn't look like that, but perhaps it is? Also, the serial number is displayed on the screen in four digit groups with spaces in between. Do I need the spaces when typing it into my account info on the website?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Re: no channel guide info Reply with quote

lytram wrote:
Thanks for the tip Susan. I went back to the info screen and you were exactly correct. I added the RTV5040 plus the eleven digit code F3TR0127264 to the serial number field on my account. Still no channel guide info. Grrrrr.

You're now properly logging into LaHo when you net connect. However, you still haven't configured your RTV with a lineup, you had it net connect and it has no lineups. When you went through the setup for LaHo, since it didn't have the correct serial number, it didn't give you any lineups to select from, so you then setup your RTV with no lineups. I would suggest simply changing your ZIP code again to something different, and then it should populate the lineup that you have on your Perc account and you'll get the guide data...

Henry
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are zeros.

Also - don't confuse the lower number, which is the Activation Key with the one a couple lines up - the Serial number. The one with the spaces is the Activation one. I almost made this mistake too. Make sure you pick the Serial number.

I am not sure if there is a delay or cache clearing that needs to happen on Perc before it is ready to recognize your unit. Henry would know though.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbwinter2 wrote:
They are zeros.

Also - don't confuse the lower number, which is the Activation Key with the one a couple lines up - the Serial number. The one with the spaces is the Activation one. I almost made this mistake too. Make sure you pick the Serial number.

I am not sure if there is a delay or cache clearing that needs to happen on Perc before it is ready to recognize your unit. Henry would know though.

Let's not get lost here! I know you can't tell this, but he has the correct serial number entered in Perc now (I still hoping that he hasn't messed with it). The only problem is that he never got any lineups configured into his RTV. I can see his RTV net connecting into LaHo and logging in properly into Perc, but then it doesn't ask for any lineups or guide data because the RTV itself must not be configured for any lineups since he had the serial number entered incorrect when he went through the original setup process...

So, HOLD YOUR HORSES, don't change your serial number in Perc, just change your ZIP code and get your lineup configured!

Henry
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Activation code Reply with quote

lytram, I looked at your percdata.com setup.

1. Our server is seeing you. (yea!)
2. You've chosen a lineup (yea!)
3. everything looks good there... (yea!)

Change your zipcode to clear the lineup cache. Doesn't matter what you set it to, just has to be different. 90210 is popular.

You have a digital lineup on your Perc account. Select "digital cable" for whatever input device you're using.

You should have guide!

Robert
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(I had sent my post to answer his questions before Henry's confirmation post (at X:42pm) came through. Sorry for any confusion.)

Looks like you are all set now, Marty.
lytram
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: unexpected result code Reply with quote

Hi Henry,

I tried changing the zip code as you suggested and reconnecting. It took quite a while but finally returned an "unexpected result code 84420005" error. What now?
lytram
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject: Success! Reply with quote

Hello Susan, Henry and Robert,

Thanks so much to all three of you for your perseverance and patience with helping me resolve my issues. After re-connecting to the website three times, I no longer got the Unexpected Result error, and I now have a fully populated guide.

Thanks again to all three of you.

Marty
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbwinter2 wrote:
(I had sent my post to answer his questions before Henry's confirmation post (at X:42pm) came through. Sorry for any confusion.)

No problem, Susan, I really appreciate your trying to help! It's funny because both the two of us, and then Robert, were all jumping in at the same time offering help!

Henry
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, I wrote Robert Eden about the comments of the experiences, and he has made improvements to the instructions...

Henry
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And tomorrow I will crop and balance the photos he had asked me to take so he can fold them in.

S
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbwinter2 wrote:
And tomorrow I will crop and balance the photos he had asked me to take so he can fold them in.

Thanks, Susan! For all your hard work, I'm sure everyone will appreciate it!

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: A little more clarity on the instructions for LaHo Reply with quote

sbwinter2 wrote:
Hi.

I was just watching the video where someone loads IR codes for Good Will, and had a question about the instructions for LaHo.

From the instructions:

On the ReplayTV's main menu, select "Network and Input Settings"
set both DNS servers to 207.58.129.219
When done, select "keep all settings"
Do not select "Change from manual to automatic"

The instructions say to just change the DNS, but in order to change the DNS, you have to switch to manual. I do not want to change from dynamic IP because of the RTV double lease issue (I use a solid WRT54G still (OEM firmware), so no way to reserve a static).

How does one not switch to manual and also change the DNS? Do I leave the IP, Subnet and Gateway blank? Do I then have to switch BACK to automatic afterwards (or will that clear out the DNS too)?

Thanks. Trying to iron out details BEFORE I start the process.

Hi, Susan!

I don't know if Robert has let you know, but with the recent improvements to LaHo, there's no longer a requirement to keep your network settings on manual to continue to use LaHo. I know that you've already changed your router and such, but now it is no longer necessary. The method for being a subscriber of LaHo should now be more like the instructions for good will for the networked units, at the bottom of the post: Good Will, where you simply change to manual settings for a moment, just to change your DNS and connect to LaHo, and then you can change back to automated after you've completed the LaHo setup...

And, thanks so much for all your hard work documenting and taking screen shots of setting up LaHo! Hopefully now it will be that much easier!

Henry
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Henry,

No, he hasn't let me know yet. That is good news for those who don't have a quick way to switch to a reservation system. I am ok for now using the N router (nice to have considerably faster bandwidth for those devices even though I was fine before).

So how does that work since with the dynamic, it points to replay's DNS again. Did Robert get access to some "assets" to help point the automatic pre-configured settings to LaHo?

I have enjoyed the few compliments I have read on my pictorial instructions. I am glad that they are helping people. Not sure if Robert mentioned that I had to clone-tool out reflections of myself and the camera in many of them. It was an interesting project.

Thanks for all you guys do too. I enjoy being a part of this community.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbwinter2 wrote:
So how does that work since with the dynamic, it points to replay's DNS again. Did Robert get access to some "assets" to help point the automatic pre-configured settings to LaHo?

No, if we had gotten some of the "assets", then you wouldn't have to change your DNS at all...

And, remember that your unit never points to the Replay's DNS, it points to your ISP's DNS. You just have to point the unit's DNS to LaHo so that it can make the unit think it's talking to Replay. But, once the connect to LaHo is complete, we've made an improvement so that it will talk directly to LaHo after that...

And, we really have you to thank for us making the improvement. Just sorry that we didn't do it sooner. I know you're perfectly happy with your new router, but it still was a "scary situation" for you to have to mess with all that. It did compound as other LaHo users had their own issues. Espeically users who's ISPs don't allow switching DNS. So, it just made sense for us to figure out a way to alleviate the problem all together...

Henry
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's right - I changed it from the ISP's DNS. Duh!

You are very welcome for any inspiration. I am pretty techie so it wasn't scary for me to change routers, since it is pretty easy to manually configure the settings I want to use, but more an issue of having to deal with moving from something very reliable to something more risky (I had set up that leased router a couple of other times and encountered issues. I think upgrading the firmware has really helped this time). What is handy is if this router flakes for any reason, I can go back to my reliable one and DHCP.

Susan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: