Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LaHo Guide Credits
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mschmitt
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quotes look good, credits still good.
mschmitt
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmeden wrote:
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm curious how zones are working now that I provide all the genre data?

Replied in new topic: http://planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=86069#86069
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barmar wrote:

It's nice having the LaHo feature that schedules them for a time range when I'm not likely to be watching anything.

FYI.. the LaHo scheduling feature probably doesn't work. Henry says it only works on dialups. I'm thinking of removing it since we don't do dialup, but if it makes you feel like you have some control I can leave it.
mschmitt
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmeden wrote:
FYI.. the LaHo scheduling feature probably doesn't work. Henry says it only works on dialups. I'm thinking of removing it since we don't do dialup, but if it makes you feel like you have some control I can leave it.

Well, something is happening, because the pattern of net connects is different under LaHo. And I've yet to see a single net connect in prime time.

For example: Yesterday's net connect was around 3 PM, today was around noon, with no reboot in between. It wouldn't have done that before -- it would have advanced to 4 PM.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmeden wrote:
barmar wrote:

It's nice having the LaHo feature that schedules them for a time range when I'm not likely to be watching anything.

You misunderstood what I said about it being for dial ups. However, it works perfectly fine for network-connected units once they net connect to LaHo and reboot, that's how WiRNS controls the net connect time. What I commented was that it was totally unnecessary for network-connected units, ReplayTV never used that capability for network-connected units. But, since people seem to be enjoying it, then just leave it...

Henry
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdonzis wrote:
What I commented was that it was totally unnecessary for network-connected units, ReplayTV never used that capability for network-connected units.

You've used the same wording before.. now I see what the mean. Replaytv (THE COMPANY, not the device) never used that capability.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmeden wrote:
hdonzis wrote:
What I commented was that it was totally unnecessary for network-connected units, ReplayTV never used that capability for network-connected units.

You've used the same wording before.. now I see what the mean. Replaytv (THE COMPANY, not the device) never used that capability.

Lately I've been trying to use "ReplayTV" for the company, and "Replay", "unit", or "RTV" to mean the device. With all the history and bankrupcy, etc., I try not to use "DNNA" or "SonicBlue" unless I'm specifically talking about that specific company. Certainly in this case, saying that DNNA never used that capability wouldn't make sense since they simply inherited how it was working, it wasn't them who made that decision...

Henry
barmar
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There still seems to be a minor glitch. Some of the cast lists have an extra apostrophe (or single quote) before one of the actor's name. It seems to happen most on talk shows, but I saw it on another type of show as well.

For instance, there's an apostrophe before Johnny Knoxville on last night's Jimmy Kimmel and tonight's Late Late Show, and before Judd Apatow on tonight's Daily Show.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barmar wrote:
There still seems to be a minor glitch. Some of the cast lists have an extra apostrophe (or single quote) before one of the actor's name. It seems to happen most on talk shows, but I saw it on another type of show as well.

For instance, there's an apostrophe before Johnny Knoxville on last night's Jimmy Kimmel and tonight's Late Late Show, and before Judd Apatow on tonight's Daily Show.

Yeah, I see that, but I can't see any reason for it! I guess it'll be something that I'll have to try to track down this weekend if I have time...

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdonzis wrote:
barmar wrote:

Yeah, I see that, but I can't see any reason for it! I guess it'll be something that I'll have to try to track down this weekend if I have time...

OK, I fixed it!

Henry
barmar
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, the weekend went so fast I didn't even notice it!
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

barmar wrote:
Wow, the weekend went so fast I didn't even notice it!

LOL! I got lucky and found the problem while I was checking out something else, otherwise I probably wouldn't have been looking into it...

Henry
barmar
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just curious what it was?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barmar wrote:
Just curious what it was?

I actually had a single quote in the guest string that I simply removed. It was
Code:
"\"'"
where I had probably hit single quote instead of double quote. And, because it was hiding in there I just didn't see it, that's why I thought it was going to take a long time, because the cast information looked good and the code "looked" good. But, once I was able to go through the channel guide and see that it was every time there was a host followed by some guests, and that it always had a single quote, I started searching for single quotes, and this line popped right up! Even then I was surprised that there was a single quote in there, and if it hadn't been for searching finding it, I probably never would have seen it...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: