Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Second machine not getting guide

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greysquirrel34
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:47 am    Post subject: Second machine not getting guide Reply with quote

Tried to set up my second machine today and when it get to the window that should show the providers in my area there is nothing. If I continue and go to get the guide I get the message that there is no guide.
I have change the zip twice and have it on the same zip as my other machine and have change it back to the original and back again and still nothing.
The machine is showing up on my account page as the second machine with its serial number..
What could I have done wrong, I have checked the network setting and they are right.
Noticed on my account page the unit one has a date in the dialup slot and machine two has no date there, I don't know if that is any indication of what is wrong.
Greysquirrel34
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Figured it out, I have no cable box on this machine, for the ant/catv I just had cable as I alway had, that doesn't work with LaHo I had to put in Digital Cable Box as my first machine is set up and I got the channel guide, seems to be working OK, can change channel and I assume it will record with no problems.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greysquirrel34 wrote:
Figured it out, I have no cable box on this machine, for the ant/catv I just had cable as I alway had, that doesn't work with LaHo I had to put in Digital Cable Box as my first machine is set up and I got the channel guide, seems to be working OK, can change channel and I assume it will record with no problems.

Using direct connected cable with LaHo works just fine, but you have to put that lineup into your Perc account to have it to select from. So, in your Perc account, you'll want two lineups, your cable digial lineup and your cable analog lineup. Then you'll have the same selections for your two machines that you used to have...

If you use the Digital Cable Box selection, then the ReplayTV is going to want to control channel changing through the IR Blaster, which isn't going to work with straight cable...

Henry
Greysquirrel
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first changed it to cable box it worked, after I got your post I checked it and it would only go to channel three.
Added second lineup but when I changed it back to cable on ant/catv I still got no guide and when I went to the change network and settings page and the ant/catv button it would say other on channel 3, after three tries it finally loaded the guide.
Don't ask me why it worked when I change it to cable box but it did for awhile but now it looks like everything is OK, thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: