Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LaHo set wrong time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
veltin
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject: LaHo set wrong time Reply with quote

Hello

I'm using a 5504. Logged on to the perc/laho domain just to reset the time. I use my machine with direct Input 1/2 sources so i have no need for a program guide. Ethernet connection through the cable modem went fine, everything appeared to go smoothly but the time is now 4 hours ahead of my time (zip code 40215). Tried resetting the zip to any other number and it's always 4 hours ahead. I have no interest in setting up an account for WiRNS or Perc/Laho. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I see that what happened is that when you setup to use LaHo you also changed your ZIP code. The instructions at the bottom here, http://planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=81285#81285, for networked units do not say to change your ZIP code. But, because you do not have an account with Perc it couldn't set your time zone for the ZIP code you used. So, for future use, if you want to use LaHo to set your clock, you need to follow those instructions exactly and only change your Replay's DNS address(es) and then only perform a net connect, don't change your ZIP code while you are configured to use LaHo. Then, after you have completed the net connect to set the clock, then you can change your network settings back, just as the instructions dictate...

So, as to what you can do now, well since DNNA is still operational enough, you should just change your network settings back to how you had them before you attempted to use LaHo to set your clock, and once you have made that change, then change your ZIP code so that your Replay will connect to DNNA to get the time zone information for your ZIP code, and that should correct your problem...

But, you are lucky that DNNA is still operational enough for you to get your time zone information restored. At such point as DNNA is no longer operational, if you accidentally use LaHo to set your time zone when you don't have an account, then there will be no way to get it back short of actually setting up an account with Perc...

Henry
veltin
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the thorough reply and the new link. I followed the instructions at the Perc Data Replay FAQ page but i wasn't aware of the more detailed Good Will link.
I've managed to return to the original Replay settings and to the MyReplayTV Registration setting. I then go to Connect to ReplayTV service. It makes the connection, appears to be setting the clock, transferring all the settings and completes the process. Yet the time is still 4 hours ahead. When i try to change Zip Code i get the infamous 851e0001 error. Ive been in the machine to upgrade the HD. Are there any physical hacks to fix the clock? Thanks again.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the 5K does not have any clock hacks...

Yeah, simply net connecting to different servers doesn't change the time zone. You have to change ZIP codes in order to get the time zone changed...

If you can't get the ZIP code changed with DNNA, then I only can think of two other suggestions. Easiest one first, sign up for the 7-day free trial, which was part of the Perc instructions and you skipped that step. Then, just let the trial expire, or go ahead and use it to get about 21 days of guide data (7 days of 14 days of guide data). The disadvantage to this would be that you've then used your free trial if you decided you wanted to try it in the future. But, maybe trying it now is just as good as trying it in the future...

Second way, which is much more complicated, is to setup WiRNS to set your time zone for you. Since you only need this for an instant, you could try to setup WiRNS on some Windows computer just to get the time zone set, and then go back to the way you were doing things after that. But, at least that way you won't use your free trial at Perc...

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

veltin wrote:
I've managed to return to the original Replay settings and to the MyReplayTV Registration setting. I then go to Connect to ReplayTV service. It makes the connection, appears to be setting the clock, transferring all the settings and completes the process. Yet the time is still 4 hours ahead. When i try to change Zip Code i get the infamous 851e0001 error. Ive been in the machine to upgrade the HD. Are there any physical hacks to fix the clock?

I have GOOD NEWS for you! Robert Eden has graciously decided to provide a temporary additional good will which will allow you to continue to use DNNA for your net connection while taking care of the problem with the clock setting. If you read my post here: http://planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16946, it explains what to do. But, basically you do the same thing as you did last time to get your clock set, but you use the DNS address of 52.20.175.80 instead of the one on the Perc website instructions, and you'd want to go ahead and change your ZIP code to get your time zone properly updated...

Henry
veltin
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Piece of cake! HUGE thanks to hdonzis and rmeden!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: