Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

transfer subscription ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
puluke
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: transfer subscription ? Reply with quote

I am currently paying for 4 devices on my La Ho subscription (thanks for this service!). I have three 4000 series replays and one 5040 series. Is it possible to remove the 5040 and add another 4000 series replay to my account or do I need to pay for an additional box? I don't plan on using the 5040, so it is just sitting around unplugged. I had 5 showstoppers in use before the dial up service went out and did not know that you could network the 4000's all together and watch shows on one box in another room. I had purchased three 4000 models at garage sales over the last few years and only hooked up one so was not aware of the added benefits (sharing). My son discovered this 2 weeks ago, so I bought a couple new hard drives from Amazon and put one in a 4504 that had the original hard drive and just added it to my account last week. I have now found and purchased another 4504 on e-bay so will not be using the 5040. Thanks again for this service you are providing. I will understand if you are not able to transfer the 5040 subscription to a 4504.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Re: transfer subscription ? Reply with quote

puluke wrote:
I am currently paying for 4 devices on my La Ho subscription (thanks for this service!). I have three 4000 series replays and one 5040 series. Is it possible to remove the 5040 and add another 4000 series replay to my account or do I need to pay for an additional box? I don't plan on using the 5040, so it is just sitting around unplugged. I had 5 showstoppers in use before the dial up service went out and did not know that you could network the 4000's all together and watch shows on one box in another room. I had purchased three 4000 models at garage sales over the last few years and only hooked up one so was not aware of the added benefits (sharing). My son discovered this 2 weeks ago, so I bought a couple new hard drives from Amazon and put one in a 4504 that had the original hard drive and just added it to my account last week. I have now found and purchased another 4504 on e-bay so will not be using the 5040. Thanks again for this service you are providing. I will understand if you are not able to transfer the 5040 subscription to a 4504.

If you are paying for 4 boxes, then you should simply have 4 serial number entries in your account. When you sign up for LaHo, you do not choose what you want to subscribe, it is simply a charge per unit. So, you can edit your 4 serial number choices to your heart's content. That is, if you want to replace your 5040's serial number with another 4000's serial number, that is completely fine and up to you...

I'm not totally sure, but I think if you simply clear out the 5040's serial number and save it being empty and then net connect the additional 4000 to LaHo, I think it will simply fill in that empty serial number for you, making it very easy to switch units in your subscription. Or, at least I believe that's the way it's suppose to work. If it doesn't, then you'll simply have to enter your additional 4000's serial number in that empty box. But, I think it will take care of it all for you and you will be very happy!

By the way, even though the 5000 is superior in user interface and such, you may not want to use it at all. When you network the 5000 with your 4000's, then the 5000 will show up in your list of networked Replays on your 4000's, but they will not be able to access it. So, it will just be a blank Replay that you'll have to skip over when you want to watch a show on another 4000. It may not be that big of a deal, and on the 5000 you'll see lots of networked 4000 Replays that you won't be able to access as well. So, just something to be aware of...

Henry
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry is correct of course.

#1. Using a computer on your home network, log on to the PERC website and remove the serial number of the 5k.
#2. Within 24 hours (I think), configure the new 4k.

After you have an empty serial number slot, your IP should be stored so when a ReplayTV shows up from that IP it auto-configures.

(The same method can be used to replace a dead ReplayTV with another of course.)

Robert
puluke
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply Henry. When my son discovered that he could see the two other replays in the house he also discovered that the 5040 that was in his room at the time was not able to play the shows recorded on the 4000's. I had another 4504 with a small hard drive not in use so I put a 250 gig Maxtor in it and added it to my account. I was going to use the 5040 in my home office but it was not connecting every day on its own so I am now going to use the 4504 I bought today on e-bay in my office so we will have all four tied together. Again thank you and all the other people who are making it possible to let us keep using our Replays, I still think they are the best DVR's around even if they are not HD!
puluke
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert Thanks for the reply also. It will be a week or so before the other 4504 shows up and then I have to put in a bigger hard drive probably. I work long hours in the summer so it may be a couple weeks before I get it set up in my home office but will follow instructions like I did with the other one and hopefully all will work fine. I bought this one for just under $70.00 and from the pictures it looks in great shape. The seal looks like it has not been broken so I am expecting I will have to put in a bigger hard drive. I bought two 250 gig Maxtors on Amazon a couple weeks ago for $23.50 each and the first one went in the 4504 I set up for my son and it is working great.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: