Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RTV5500, LaHo and IVS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: RTV5500, LaHo and IVS Reply with quote

All my units are RTV5040s and I'm using WiRNS/SD but I am trying to help a very non-techie friend who has some RTV5500 units and is using LaHo.

Is there anyway to get IVS functionality added thru the PercData connection?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaHo activates IVS on all units connecting to it, but 5500's don't support IVS unless they are running a version of software earlier than the latest version, as explained here: http://www.replaytvupgrade.com/caandivsin5500.htm. In addition, Ryan posted a version of software for the 5500 that has all the latest fixes, but still supports IVS. You can either look for that image on AVSForum, or you can use WiRNS3' MySoftwareUpdate (http://planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=81497#81497) to install it on a 5500 running an earlier version of the software...

Henry
The Robman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The person that I am helping is very non-techie, so if it involves pulling the hard drive or running WiRNS, it's not going to work.

Given that LaHo is basically a hosted version of WiRNS, is there anyway to apply Ryan's update thru LaHo?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Given that LaHo is basically a hosted version of WiRNS, is there anyway to apply Ryan's update thru LaHo?

No, that would be horrible if LaHo just upgraded people's software without any choice in the matter! LaHo does not provide software updates at all. And, short of DNNA giving us their software update technology, it would be highly unlikely that it would even be possible for LaHo to support software updates as the updates are highly dependent on the current version of software that the unit is running, and without DNNA being operational, it would be impossible for me to "see" what an update from a specific version of software would even look like...

Henry
The Robman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about on a "one off" basis? If I got the exact software version and her serial number, would that work?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
What about on a "one off" basis? If I got the exact software version and her serial number, would that work?

Sorry, I just don't have any current method for doing that way. And, if he's already at the latest version, then there wouldn't be any way to do it anyways. I would suggest that the best might be for you to work with him to see if you can work out the best scenario. Go ahead and post his version and I'll let you know what might be the best way to proceed...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: