Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need help with IR blaster and cable converter box

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pvellozo
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject: Need help with IR blaster and cable converter box Reply with quote

I have a Replaytv5000 and have had to start using a Pace DC60Xu converter box for the digital signal from my cable company Suddenlink. I cannot change the channels on the tv using the Replaytv remote. I am not sure but I think I need an IR blaster code that will work with the Pace DC60Xu box. Or maybe it is something else. I would appreciate any help. I have signed up for the LAHO service and am getting the updated channel guides, but cant record shows. Thanks, Paul
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try here http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16311 and
The Robman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The assumption here is that your Pace DC60Xu converter box uses the same code as the most common Comcast DTA box, so the relevant part of the post is...

Quote:
After net connecting through Perc Data, then you should see a Comcast selection available in the Analog Cable Box section (just Cable Box for the older models). If you are selecting Digital Cable Box, then you need to select Other, and then you will get the normal list of Analog Cable Boxes to select Comcast from. The DTA code is marked as code 1982. The other two STB choices for Comcast are included in that menu as well (Pace 0237 and Motorol 0476) for 4K/5K users, and the Motorola choice is available for 2K/3K/SS users. This update will not change any of the setting on your RTV and will not update any guide data nor channel lineup.

bri4jenn
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
The assumption here is that your Pace DC60Xu converter box uses the same code as the most common Comcast DTA box, so the relevant part of the post is...

Quote:
After net connecting through Perc Data, then you should see a Comcast selection available in the Analog Cable Box section (just Cable Box for the older models). If you are selecting Digital Cable Box, then you need to select Other, and then you will get the normal list of Analog Cable Boxes to select Comcast from. The DTA code is marked as code 1982. The other two STB choices for Comcast are included in that menu as well (Pace 0237 and Motorol 0476) for 4K/5K users, and the Motorola choice is available for 2K/3K/SS users. This update will not change any of the setting on your RTV and will not update any guide data nor channel lineup.

Make sure to hit the zones key when you have 1982 code highlighted to bring up the fine tuning. On my system I need to have send enter=no and digits to send=3. I also change the 1st and last timing setting to 0500ms. I hope that helps.
pvellozo
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, need some guidance. I followed the steps to change the DNS to 206.210.196.148 and connected. Now should I change the DNS back to the number in the perc data instructions?
I did connect to the perc data site following their instruction and got the code 237 for the Pace decoder box. Selected that (it was the default) but am still unable to change channels using the Replaytv remote.
This is my first time using the IR blaster. Is there a certain place on the decoder box to apply the IR blaster lead? Where is the optimum placement?
The instructions say to turn the decoder box off. There is no on-off switch on the decoder box.
Thanks for the help.
The Robman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try selecting code 1982 instead.

If you are a LaHo subscriber, and you have already successfully connected to LaHo at least once, I don't think it matters what DNS you use, in fact Robert recommends that you switch back to automatic.
pvellozo
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think 1982 worked. Thanks.
The Robman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear, that confirms that your Suddenlink DTA box is the same as, or similar to, the boxes used by Comcast.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: