Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LaHo may need an Asterisk for new subscribers re:IR codes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kepy
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:32 pm    Post subject: LaHo may need an Asterisk for new subscribers re:IR codes Reply with quote

I seem to recall having an issue with this when I first found LaHo and tried it out.
It seems a LaHo connection will overwrite any IR codes you have added to a RTV. Well, at least the first connection, or maybe the goodwill connection.

I think an Asterisk or something to warn that added IR codes will be over written and need to be added back to the RTV after subscribing to LaHo

I had 2 RTV's, got them subscribed to LaHo over 6 months ago, found this out the first time and re-added IR code 2007 for a DTV box to RTV1. RTV2 wasn't as pressing and didn't get IR code added at the time.

The subscription lapsed.

I Renewed it.

RTV1 no longer knows anything about IR code 2007. Like it has been overwritten. Seems there is something to the LaHo connection in the early 'recognizing/registering' phase of LaHo connectivity that may perhaps factory reset IR code library?

I have been fighting with RTV2 this go around (it will not accept/complete the IR adding util I use - FlipFlop's .iso in VM) and finally went to RTV1 just to go over things, make sure I wasn't missing anything. That is when I found my RTV1 wasn't controlling the DTV box, spent waaay to much time troubleshooting IR blaster only to finally realize the code is not available.
That was a fun bit of enlightenment as a quick glane of input2 showed it was using IR 2007 but it was only when I actually went through the steps for configuring input2 did I learn that 2007 was no longer on the list of codes to use.

So I really seem to think Laho does something to the IR code library.

I would be curious as to why not/how hard is it to add the various IR files that can be found. RTV's could stand to have them added right? doesn't hurt does it? Space or number of codes a RTV can handle limited?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: